ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

172 Imports

Monaco 172 2/468
Just posting this on the back of another thread I saw on a 182

I got told by Renault that my car was imported from Belgium, but didn't mention anything about changing servicing etc etc

I havn't mentioned this to my insurance, I suppose ignorant me thought they would know if it was or not maybe by the reg

Do I have you tell them ?? and is my import bad, as it seems a good car :)

Cheers

Citroen DS3 DSport
Renault told me my car is a import but according to the DVLA it is not. I think the UK was the first place my car was ever registered and arrived here via Holland.

It's not a bad thing and the only items my car lacked were locking wheel nuts, etched windows and an alarm. The dealer supplied the wheel nuts for me and I have had a cat1 alarm fitted so no problems with insurance if anything ever happened.

Other than that it's an identical car to the UK models and was built in the same factory so you will not be any worse off owning a import.

Cupra 300 ST 4drive
i had a 2002 172 import, it did not have uk spec alarm . only had 1 year warranty and as far as the servicing it was the same. never told insurance because they never asked if it was an import. don't worry about it. run mine for 3 years and over 55,000 miles

TDI tyre shreader
they are all imports, the only difference is that uk ones are sold through a bunch of zoo keepers

There all the same cars Uk ones have etched glass, locking wheel nuts and have alarms as standard (there fitted when they come off the boats).
So long as its not from Portugul or somewhere like that then if you make Renault aware where it has come from they will give you the full 3 year warently.