ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

172 high milers

clio 172 cup
I have a 52 plate 172 cup with 104,500 miles

It's running sweet as a nut now after a recent dodgy patch.
Mostly motorway driving, but is this the highest mileage cup out there?

Daz

Renaultsport Clio 182
it probably comes close but not sure if it's the highest. There's a guy on RS.co.uk that's got a Cup that's done over 100k too but not sure on exact mileage

Renaultsport Clio 182
There's also a Ph1 Exclusive (v. rare) for sale in a garage by me and that's got over 118k on the clock

clio 172 cup
I bought my cup from a girl who really could clock miles, so she started this..

She did 40k in one year, and looking through the paperwork actually managed to do 12,000 miles in just over 2 months between the service and mot!

Work it out, thats 200 a day!

I have added a further 30k of motorway onto that so its prob done 70k worth of easy miles!

Suspension still feels tight, and engine is nicely loosened up.
Still leading then...

Daz

clio 172 cup
Good luck selling it lol>....better making it into a track car now..

I used to worry about putting miles on my cars, and I have had some nice ones in my time. But as I got older I dont care anymore.

Accept that when you sell it, it will be worthless. And just use the thing.

100k was the milestone, but I passed that with ease and nothing fell off, its still running great, so lets just pile em on.

170k seems like quite a lot for a petrol, so thats my next target ;o)

Daz

RB 182
My black 51 plate 172 had 104k on it when it got written off in May 2007 so add to that the 20k i did in my new one last yr and it'd be on near 130k now

53 Clio's & counting
my ph1 is now on 120,000 miles and still gets to 60 in 6.48 lol :)

so yeah look after them and they last

Octavia vRS tfsi
I've a 2001 ph1 on 91,000k.

My cars are bought to be driven. Average of about 20k a year. If people want to sit there and cry about putting mileage up on their car then so be it. I prefer to use the car.

I was considering selling and buying an M3 but I may hold onto the Clio for another year and then with the mileage at circa 110k realistically evaluate what it will be worth and decide whether to go the track car route or not.

I'm always more dubious of very low mileage cars with a few years on the clock come repurchase time. It's always in the back of my mind that the car has been clocked or quite obviously, been sitting around for a long time. I know of a ph1 with 30k on the clock. Sub 4k a year. Whats the point.

2003 Clio 172 cup
i've got a 2003 cup with just under 92k on the clock. runs sweet as a nut. currently up for sale for three grand due to buyin a dog and needin to save for a new house.