ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

172 heater control panel in non sport?

ast

Ibiza 5, A3 8p3, ph1
Hi, my heater control panel in my non sport has started to crack, (the black paint) and before i go and buy a new one, i was wondering if i could some how use the 172 digital one, had this been done before? I know the green plug at the back fits, but the bigger one doesnt, also there are two cables at the back of the non sport which the digital one doesnt have. Is there any way to have it working minus the air con buttons?

cheers

The digital panel works off CANBUS I think, and uses electronic stepper motors to adjust the heater gears. I don't think your non-sport is canbus so it wouldn't be supported. The non-sport manual panel adjusts the heater by using those 2 steel cables to twist the little plastic mechanism, visible from the drivers footwell.
So no, I don't think it'd be possible, or if it was, it'd probably be a serious royal pain. I'm sure someone will be along to correct me shortly!

182 FF RB ;)
This would be a grate mod xD! If you ever have any luck at getting it to work post some photos and let us know how you done thhis