ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

172 front bumper removal

172 y reg flamer
done a search for the guide in the guides sections but i cant find it.

anyone point me in the direction or have a guide to post

LY R26 230 F1 Team
easy mate
you need to take the arches off first inc all attatchments to bumper
that exposes two bolts under there (inside the arch/bumper meeting point) 10mm ones undo those first
pop a screwdriver between the arch/bumper (carefully it will take paint off!)
do the same both sides.
that should pop off no problems then.

It's gettin the arches off thats a b*tch
I got blood blisters on my fingers from takin mine off! lol

Hope that helps.

chris

Ph2 172
You can do it without taking out the arches. Just gently prise them back to undo the 10mills. Dont forget the torx screws that run in the arch and a few underneath. Also the 4 10mm's on the undertray and the 2 clips under the bonnet on the grill panel.

Or I could show you if your around the corner.

Shaun

172 y reg flamer
cool thanks guys

arch's are already off, guy who had the car befor me took the xenons out cos of the ballast. under tray is off too :)

just the 2 10mm an it should pop off then

LY R26 230 F1 Team
cool thanks guys

arch's are already off, guy who had the car befor me took the xenons out cos of the ballast. under tray is off too :)

yup yup each side and as usual with renault just the crappy plastic clips everywhere!

good luck;)

cool thanks guys

no, there's 2 10mm either side in the arch liners. another few screws under the front lip by the splitter, 2 bolts in front of the undertray and 2 pop up clips under the bonnet above the grille.

172 y reg flamer
no, there's 2 10mm either side in the arch liners. another few screws under the front lip by the splitter, 2 bolts in front of the undertray and 2 pop up clips under the bonnet above the grille.

there all already off mate, no arch liners or undertray on and the clips under the bonnet are missing. so it'll just be the 2 10mm's