ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

172 f4r won't start after major rebuild

Tj172

ClioSport Club Member
  172 Track car
Been building a sprint car for the past few months and Just got the engine back in my ph1 today. All connected back up and it won't start, seems to be no fuel coming through and the pump doesn't prime, the engine just turns over. Ive Checked fuses, earth's etc I'm fairly certain it's the shitty clifford alarm that's been retrofitted, that I'm yet to rip out. But is there anything else off the top of your heads?

Tj172

ClioSport Club Member
  172 Track car
Can't remember what it was doing whilst turning the engine over but it was flashing with ignition off, i will check tomorrow. It also has the Clifford alarm/immob but the light for that is solid red constantly, I'm fairly certain it's immobiliser related.

Tj172

ClioSport Club Member
  172 Track car
The renault immobiliser lights in the centre of the dash clocks (as far as im aware) and the Clifford one is by the interior light dimmer.

Tj172

ClioSport Club Member
  172 Track car
After trawling through the masses of info on here I've got a few things to check.
Immobiliser light on dash, the sequence for resetting the key etc, intertia switch, pump relay, triple check earth straps.

Typhoon

Gangsta
ClioSport Moderator
After trawling through the masses of info on here I've got a few things to check.
Immobiliser light on dash, the sequence for resetting the key etc, intertia switch, pump relay, triple check earth straps.
Let us know how you get on mate!

monaco 172
I had this once on my old phase 1 with a Clifford fitted.

All I had to do was lock and unlock the car with the Renault blipper and it reset the immobiliser.

It seemed that because I'd been using the Clifford fob for so long the immobiliser kicked in.

May not be your issue but worth a shot.

Tj172

ClioSport Club Member
  172 Track car
All of that checked, light stays solid then goes out clifford light now goes out but still no pump priming and I've bypassed the inertia switch to no avail

PH2 172
All of that checked, light stays solid then goes out clifford light now goes out but still no pump priming and I've bypassed the inertia switch to no avail
The fuel pump relay (not fitted) is positioned at bottom left of this picture on Ph1 if you have not relocated it.
PHASE 1 FUSEBOX.jpg

Tj172

ClioSport Club Member
  172 Track car
Sorted! There was a break in the wire going to the inertia switch, ive repaired it, and it starts every time. Cheers for the help!