ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

172 Exhaust Manifold out from the top?

Clio 172
I've found a crack in one the pipe to flange section on my manifold so it's gonna have to come out for re-welding, Question is has anyone managed to get the 172 manifold out from the top of the engine or do you really have to drop the subframe to get the f**ker out??.

Clio 172
Superb that'll be a bit easier then, Any thoughts on why it might have cracked?, I'm thinking maybe engine mounts could need replacing?.

Focus RS mk1
probably just heating up and cooling down and taking alot of stress, possibly engine mounts too causing alot of movement but surely you would have heard the knocking noise first associated with shot mounts? ive seen a cracked mani on a cup racer

Clio 172
Not had any knocking so i think its probably been an old fault as its been doing siince i owned the car (1 month) i just assumed it was the gasket.

Got the bugger off on friday though and rewelded it and fitted saturday, WOW what a difference has cured the rattle/missfire and it goes like stink now!!.

Cheers for the replies though folks was much apprieciated:D