ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

172 Exhaust Hanger

Clio 172 Cup
Probably been asked before, I looked back a few pages but couldn't see anything.

Went to change my rear exhaust hanger last night, doing it in my agarage with only caravan levellers to get it off the ground 6-8"!

The 2 bolts at the back came loose Ok, the front one appears to have a nut on the back of it though? Tried getting a socket on the nut (only a tiny hole to access it) & managed to lose my 13mm socket down the chassis rail!

How hard can changing an exhaust hanger be, even without a ramp etc? My hanger isn't completely knackered, the exhaust had come out of it so I re-mounted the exhaust, adjusted the hanger & tightened it back up for now.

DaveDreads

aka Philomena Cunk aka Barry Shitpeas
ClioSport Club Member
There not nuts on the back, they're round things welded to the chassis that snap when you try to remove the bolts,
i've taken to zip tying generic hangers in the thing because mine won't come off.

Clio 172 Cup
That explains why only 1 of them caused a problem, the bolts were very bloody tight so easy to believe it snapped off loosening it.
Guess I'll have to bite the bullet & pay my local garage man to sort it for me, probably a doddle when it's up on a ramp.