ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

172 EXHAUST BACKBOX QUESTION ???

clio 172
My backbox decided to fall off today, I've been to kwik fit to get a quote and they said it was main dealer only ? Is this correct.

I phoned renault and they quoted £204 for the back box or £285 fitted !!!!

My car is a 53 reg 172 ( registered 2004 )

What are my options as I can't really afford nearly £300 just for a backbox... not looking for anything sporty just something to do the job.

Help

Last edited:
was sure i'd read on here that some have had pattern systems fitted (?), so could be worth trying someone other than Kwikfit

also, i thought the Renault backbox was more like £120ish. it's an easy DIY job, but you'll likely need a new clamp and hanger, which is may be where their £200 quote has come from

if you were local, i've a good, used backbox you could have had for little - could be worth firing up a wanted ad to see if anyone in the WestMids can help

Mk5 golf gti
i have a 172 backbox as new
im taking it off mine 2moz for a new system so ive got the standard one from the cat back
pm me if you dont find another :D

Fabia vRS
Don't get a k-tec stealth if you're looking for an equivalent replacement to the Renault exhaust - despite what K-Tec say on their website, it's just not true!. The stealth is way louder and is very droney on the motorway - very weary and annoying :dapprove:. Check out this thread, lots of complaints and a vast difference in opinion - http://www.cliosport.net/forum/showthread.php?t=419408

not a clio anymore
I had to replace my backbox, using my local machanics. He too told me he had to go to Renault to get the part (apparently no other suppliers).
Can't remember how much I paid for it though.