ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

172 Engine Mounts, hard to sort

Hi,

Now my exhaust is sorted Im onto the engine mounts. Whenever I reverse up hill or pull away quickly I get a thud. As its a Renault this is understandable but will replacing the engine mounts fix the problem and are they hard to do or is it just something I should live with as it really fooks me off!?

Cheers!

193 mk2

ive got the same problem some peole rekon its the lower dogbone mount i dont know enough about it though just want it sorted it really does my nutt in too!!!!! pm me if you get it sorted thanks.

Mk2 Ph1 1.2 8v

buy a new dogbone mount and fit it, less than 5mins to fit, and that includes jacking up and taking the old one off. lol

you can fill the voids on the current dogbone bush aswell, helps stiffen things up.

Ok will do thanks, why do all renaults suffer from dog bone probs - my 16V used to bang like a barn door until I replaced the dog bone, any idea how much??

Cheers

Mk2 Ph1 1.2 8v

£17ish, but thats from a motor factor not from renault.

the mounts are designed to absorb vibrations to aid comfort, they wear pretty quickly and the rubber in them tends to stretch allowing extra movement - just a design thing, and more than likely renault using cheap materials!

EVOgone

ClioSport Club Member
  Pink Cup Racer

Get the K-tec Bottom engine mount, Renault ones are crap and it will go again very quickly.

40 quid from K-tec.