ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

172 engine mount help plz

Sunflower 172 :)
hey im getting the famous knocking under hard acceleration and am going to change my engine mounts. i already have changed the lower 1 for the powerflex uprated bushes and i have just rang the dealer for a price on the upper mount and the gearbox mount but have been quoted alot more than i have seen adevertised on here. i have been quoted £65.14 for the upper mount (6000073669) and £38.86 for the gearbox mount (8200103802) are these the correct prices and part numbers? any help would be much appreciated thanks

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
The powerflex bushes could be putting more stress on the other mounts, Those prices sound about right to me?

Sunflower 172 :)
yeah it could be putting more stress on the other mounts thats why i am going to change them all. i have seen people posting on here about there gearbox mounts and saying it was the best 20 quid they have spent? is that just a rough price?

yeah it could be putting more stress on the other mounts thats why i am going to change them all. i have seen people posting on here about there gearbox mounts and saying it was the best 20 quid they have spent? is that just a rough price?

The mount bushes people change are the bushes in the dogbone mount there are no other easily or commonly used.

Personaly i don't rate the bushes in them IMo stick with the stock setup all round for all mounts renew as required with Renault orginal parts if needed.

C63 AMG, F430 & 172
Just to note that

If you loosed the 4 16mm bolts on the left hand top mount, put a large bar behind the mount and pull the whole mount and engine forward as far as you can get it (engine is pulled towards the front bumper)

then whilst holding it forward tighten the 4 16mm bolts back up nice and tight,

try this as it will only take 2 mins and could solve half the problems for you guys :)

you my freind are a fcukin legend :D:D:D:D

do this now people it sorted my banging and it only moved 10mm

just been out going nuts in the sheen from the early night frost and didnt bang once

someone buy this man a beer :cheers: