ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

172 Engine into another make of car....Related questions

fixedgear

ClioSport Club Member
I still have a spare engine, box, loom and Ecu, so I'm thinking of putting it to some use but I have a few questions.

Does anyone know off the top of their head, how much the engine/ engine+box weighs? I can weigh it all but if someone knows, its easier!

I have the engine loom and ECU but no key, how can I get around the immobiliser?

I'm would probably ditch the PAS and A/C so that would remove some problems.

I'm grateful for any help

Tom

Engine loom and ECU but no key, how can I get around the immobiliser?

Kit car project I take it?

IMobiliser can be got round do a serach there a few compnaies now offering imobiliser removal so you don't have one on the EUC andk hot wiring will start it. But no insurance then.

Mk4 XR3i 90 - spec
I've got a 2.0 valver engine box and loom as well, i'm planning on making a RWD old mini trackday car with it, engine in back though.

Some redneck yob (my mate James) cut through a few wires on the loom whilst taking couple bits off, is it generaly speaking i will need a new loom now?

I've got a 2.0 valver engine box and loom as well, i'm planning on making a RWD old mini trackday car with it, engine in back though.

Some redneck yob (my mate James) cut through a few wires on the loom whilst taking couple bits off, is it generaly speaking i will need a new loom now?

Nope should be able to work it out how much did he damaeg new loms are expensive second hands your best bet if you did.

Mk4 XR3i 90 - spec
He did things such as cutting the injectors off instead of unplugging them, and a branch of the loom that goes past the injectors to couple of sensors i think. He's a tool really isn't he.

What sort of price would i be looking at to get it pieced back together by an auto electrician (i have someone in mind). Ive got all the bits im sure, just need putting back together....

He did things such as cutting the injectors off instead of unplugging them, and a branch of the loom that goes past the injectors to couple of sensors i think. He's a tool really isn't he.

What sort of price would i be looking at to get it pieced back together by an auto electrician (i have someone in mind). Ive got all the bits im sure, just need putting back together....

He cut the injectors off? Err is he stupid there full of fuel.

Depends what a mmess you could DIY it if you want would be much cheaper.

Mk4 XR3i 90 - spec
He is a bit of an idiot sometimes yer, everything had been disconnected for a few days previous and fuel line had been disconnected, agreed still an idiot though.

Mainly cause he rendered the engine practically useless and it worked before he started on it. Although the oil light in instrument panel never went out.... could this be solved with new oil pump for when i stick it in a mini shell?

He is a bit of an idiot sometimes yer, everything had been disconnected for a few days previous and fuel line had been disconnected, agreed still an idiot though.

Mainly cause he rendered the engine practically useless and it worked before he started on it. Although the oil light in instrument panel never went out.... could this be solved with new oil pump for when i stick it in a mini shell?

Check the wires and sernsors there not that good. Mine had the same problem I never got round to fixing it as I knew the pump was ok.