ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

172 decat fitting

well im going to fit a decat to my 172.
the old bolts on the cat to centre section are well and truly rusted so unless wd40 helps it overnight it looks like the ol angle grinder will be coming out:evil:
am i correct in thinking its just a standard 13mm nut and bolt combo (maybe with a couple of washers)? just thinking of getting some stainless steel ones to replace them.
as for the cat to manifold i've ordered a fitting kit through k-tec so hopefully that will solve that end.

Clio 182
Good luck fittin the de cat they r a rite b**ch...... B careful when takin the spring bolts out which hold downpipe 2 manifold

Good luck fittin the de cat they r a rite b**ch...... B careful when takin the spring bolts out which hold downpipe 2 manifold

cheers matey:) and will do with regards to the spring bolts.

anyone got any answers to my question regarding the 13mm nut and bolt?
also there seems to be a metal gasket (looks like it anyhow)...can i just replace this with a silicone sealant or won't that be good enough to withstand the exhaust temp?

Astra 1.9Cdti SRi
heat them up, then try and remove them, and if you do get them off soak them up with WD then whack some grease on them so they will bolt back together easily

Cheers for the reply. If the heat method or WD40 doesn't work will any stainless 13mm nut and bolt work? Or would I have to use something like a locking nut etc?
And also will a silicone sealant be any good as it's looks like the metal one there isn't in the best of shapes (although its not blowing from there...)