ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

172 cup

172 Cup
bought this with the money i was gonna use to build my man-spec engine for the fiesta shell i was building. was bored of not having a car and his came up cheap, so i took the plunge and bought it for that sole reason...however, this car, is a beast! i love it, id thoroughly recommend one to anyone.
this is what it looked like the week i bought it (photos courtesy of the graham obviously, who else would i get to take my pics :))
clio_graf6.jpg

clio_graf2.jpg

clio_graf3.jpg

clio_graf4.jpg

clio_graf5.jpg

then the work started...
the car's brakes were terrible so i bought ds2500 pads and brembo high carbon discs, along with a new rear brake setup, braided hoses and 5.1 fluid...had lots of trouble with bearings and hubs (ask Sam_GTi lol)
then the exhaust fell off...k-tec stealth exhaust bought and fitted. nice bit of stainless steel (need to start taking pics of my modifications really lol)
then the week before fast show graham decided that he wanted to paint my wheels...
wheelrefurb1.jpg

wheelrefurb2.jpg

wheelrefurb3.jpg

cliotango1.jpg

cliotango2.jpg

cliotango3.jpg

cliotango6.jpg

cliotango5.jpg

cliotango4.jpg

cliotango7.jpg

opinions on the orange please, im undecided on whether to get them done professionally or not...(the orange was originally done for a joke as the wheels are so corroded, but its really growing on me lol)

Mickb

ClioSport Club Member
  van low and 1.6 16v
there bold, why not cc your bullits and have same orange on the writing

TrackCar & F30 330d
Orange was so last yeah darling lol.

The wheels look good but i think getting them properly refurbed in a nice dark gray or a nice silver would make it look mint.

Any other plans for the car? trackdays or coilovers?

172 Cup
defo going on trackdays as soon as i have coilovers LOL dunno which ones to go for though. i want fully adjustables really but i dunno if theres much point spending the money...

i just had a look at fk's and they sell fully adjustables for 630 so they might be the way to go, otherwiae is high adjustable ap's

im feeling two sets of wheels, orange on the track set and dark grey on the smart road wheels :)

TrackCar & F30 330d
defo going on trackdays as soon as i have coilovers LOL dunno which ones to go for though. i want fully adjustables really but i dunno if theres much point spending the money...

i just had a look at fk's and they sell fully adjustables for 630 so they might be the way to go, otherwiae is high adjustable ap's

im feeling two sets of wheels, orange on the track set and dark grey on the smart road wheels :)

I have H&R coilovers and i think they are very good. Work fairly well on track too.

Getting two sets of wheels is a deffo when doing tackdays imo, allthough i did the crazy colour on my road wheels and black for my track wheels lol

Road wheels

IMG_3380.jpg

Track wheels

DSC01460.jpg

172 Cup
loving the track wheels mate that looks pukka!

they'll be getting sorted very soon mate, when i can be arsed to go ithout a car for a few days as i have no spare wheels! got so many ford wheels but different pcd :(

ph1 track weapon
Those wheels are so bright they actually look photoshopped! they hurt my eyes. But they do look awesome.

If i end up keeping mine i'm gonna do something even more marmite to my wheels lol