ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

172 Cup with LPG anyone ?

Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
  182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
I do 30k miles a year, anyone doing similar in a cup would save 2k a year in fuel, that's enough to pay for a fair few trackdays or a week over at the ring.

So I can see the appeal personally.

That said, I wouldn't expose 172 exhaust valves to that much best probably as they are a little prone to failure even on a standard engine.

Trader Rating - 86.7%
13   2   0
Didnt somebody on here inquire about this conversion:S

F**k knows

I do 30k miles a year, anyone doing similar in a cup would save 2k a year in fuel, that's enough to pay for a fair few trackdays or a week over at the ring.

So I can see the appeal personally.

That said, I wouldn't expose 172 exhaust valves to that much best probably as they are a little prone to failure even on a standard engine.

True, but 30K a year in a Cup !!!
Cup as a toy and something else more comfortable as a daily runner sounds better.
Your back will thank you :)

Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
  Listerine & Poledo
Isn't LPG cleaner to run, but lower on RONs, so you don't keep all your power and you'll also get lower MPGs when running gas

And you're hauling a sodding great tank around in the boot, further denting performance and handling

Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
  182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
LPG is much higher RON not lower.

generally you lose about 5-10 percent power on most LPG installs. However you can just flick it off whenever you want and go back to petrol, so if you want to really hack along a road just swap back.

Last edited:
Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
  clio sport ph 1
Hi, I run my F4R hard on LPI from vialle . Liquid injection no vapor. If you adjust the timing off the ignition advance alot in low rev's!! And r****d at high rev's .
It goes very well!!!

I'm testing this on my good engine with flashlube valve saver . So I have fait ;)

Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
  clio sport ph 1
If you don't like high rev's on autogas you can even set it on petrol from 4500 to 7800. It does this automatic you don't feel it if properly set up!!

But I'm an lpg lover ,the valve's take more off a beating . But i'm tempting to think the early ph 1 engine's (1 probe in exhaust) are the best ?? I can't kill them if they had a good service:p

Also I make more power on LPI than on petrol ! The inlet is also ice cold from the injectors;)

Last edited: