ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

172 Cup windscreen

Captain Hat

CS Academician
ClioSport Club Member
  2002 Clio RS 172 Cup
Having checked a few threads on here there seems to have been a little- not much, but a little- confusion over the years but the general consensus seems to be that the Ph2 172 Cup's windscreen is the same as a standard base-model no-electronics-or-electrics Clio 1.2's windscreen and is not particularly special or lighter than the standard piece- the "lightened" windows on the Cup model being the side windows rather than the windscreen itself.

I'm basically looking for two things- firstly, confirmation of whether this is or is not the case (if the answer I get is confusing I will take further steps to try and find out from Renault myself).

And secondly, I will probably be looking to get my windscreen replaced in the near future and was wondering if any of you wonderful people could tell me where to get replacement surrounds from (as I'd like to refresh or refurbish most of the exterior plastics on the front over the next couple of years and this seems like the opportune juncture at which to do it) and whether there are any windscreen people in the South-East/Kent area that you would particularly recommend.

ADS_V6

ClioSport Club Member
  Seat Leon
Hi I had a new windscreen in the cup last summer ,main difference is it doesn't have the tint for rain sensor etc.Side glass is lighter.Renault parts direct I got a new windscreen seal trim kit for 24 delivered.Windscreen is basically the base model windscreen