ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

172 cup wheel alignment after pothole

Evo 6 TME, Clio 172
So got my clio wheel alignment set up after hitting a pot hole the other day! I was never completely happy with the alignment anyway, but after the pot hole which gave me a flat tyre I decided to get it checked. It handles alot better now, but ive got 1 degree of difference between caster? Is this acceptable, it's greyed out on the sheet so not red/green like everything else

The car is lowered on eibach springs, got camber bolts fitted, and has 3 month old genuine wishbone and balljoints fitted.

Now it's set to a basic setting my aim was to add some camber with the bolts to see the difference/find how I like it. Also any ideas about the rear driver side?
b3ee759b49610c0746849f2873993a1e.jpg
b66a555f1d89d2869676fd3c90a8b213.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Amos91

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
Its greyed out because its not adjustable. Something must be a little out in the hub / lower arms / subframe to cause it but if its drives straight I wouldn't be that concerned.

On the rear, you would need to buy PMS camber / toe shims to adjust. Once again though I would probably just leave it as is.

Evo 6 TME, Clio 172
Its greyed out because its not adjustable. Something must be a little out in the hub / lower arms / subframe to cause it but if its drives straight I wouldn't be that concerned.

On the rear, you would need to buy PMS camber / toe shims to adjust. Once again though I would probably just leave it as is.
Ok thanks, only time I've used hunter wheel alignment was on my evo where everything was adjustable so that makes sense being greyed out, I just thought it would show if it was still within the manufacturer specs

Does anyone know what the castor is meant to be? So I know what sides out? Drives fine but not so bothered but would like to know if the pass side is wrong as that's the side I hit the pothole on

Amos91

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
Ok thanks, only time I've used hunter wheel alignment was on my evo where everything was adjustable so that makes sense being greyed out, I just thought it would show if it was still within the manufacturer specs

Does anyone know what the castor is meant to be? So I know what sides out? Drives fine but not so bothered but would like to know if the pass side is wrong as that's the side I hit the pothole on

Mine are 2° 50' with cup arms.

PH2 172

What car is this?

The LH caster looks about right for a 182 or 172 cup, so you can probably forget about any pot hole damage.

Mine is pretty equal and Ive had a few share of pot holes, think the previous owner had an accident as well and its still pretty good. Adjustable top mounts but set the same.

img_0998-jpg.jpg