ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

172 Cup Steering Gremlins

I have recently had a problem with my 172 Cup becoming somewhat of a handfull when driving.

It is more than normal torque steer as it really tries to pull the wheel from your hands, plus there is a vague feeling when turning sometimes. It also has a lot of vibration through the steering wheel, which wasnt there when it was new. It currently has over 7000 on the clock.

To accompany this there is a knocking noise that is transmitted through the steering when turning, especially over bumps and uneven surfaces.

I recently had a suspension modification done which I thought had cured the problem, but its most definitely back. This was a Renault Actis Bulletin !!

I read recently that there can be issues with the steering and problems with the steering column/assembly, has anyone else out there heard anymore on this subject

For your info. I booked Cup into garage for a check up to have it checked all over and to check/tighten the engine/suspension mounts etc.

Feels much better now. Doesnt seem to rattle as much and the steering feels more positive.

Thanks for the reply Ben

Did they find anything specific ? My local dealer is OK but it helps to give them a lot of info as they take you more seriously and inturn check things over properly