ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

172 Cup Squeek on Full Lock

R26
My cup has developed another new problem! lol

When im reversing off my drive and i have the full lock on theres a squeek coming from the front of the car and it happens in either direction too, left or right

Ive been told it could be the top mounts but what are other peoples opinions?

Thanks

Jacko

impossible to be sure without hearing it, but the problem (with the top mounts/spring cups) is so common that it's a fair bet that's what it is. it's not really a problem - just an irritation

alien green rs133
there is also the prroblem highlighted by a forum user from abroad somewhere about the bolts on wishbones wearing subframe

tbh if you clio isnt making a noise there is something wrong with it tbh

and to add mine makes noise also when reversing on hard lock but i just turn music up and rev it a bit that seems to drown it out

Yea it is more annoying than anything else but i would rather sort it if its possible

if it is the top mounts/spring cups, you can improve things by renewing the mounts and/or fitting the washer 'fix'. mine's still noisy after having done both though.