ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

172 cup springs

172cup/ insignia
Just wondering how i can check if my springs on my cup are standard are aftermarket. I need to replace one of the front springs due to it snapping, i have noticed it has one yellow dot and one white dot and on a standard 172 theirs two of the same colour dots (cant remember if it was white are yellow)

cheers Lee

Clio 197
Just wondering how i can check if my springs on my cup are standard are aftermarket. I need to replace one of the front springs due to it snapping, i have noticed it has one yellow dot and one white dot and on a standard 172 theirs two of the same colour dots (cant remember if it was white are yellow)

cheers Lee

i have just had the same problem, there doesn't seem to be markings on mine (although i haven't cleaned them up) i got hold of some of a 182 cup with blue and yellow markings and they were slightly longer so these are a definite no go. i have a spare front from my cup if that's any use?

Laguna sport tourer
I'm sure the yellow and White dot ones are OE 172Cup springs, I can check when I get home.
they are, I had one front one with white and yellow marking the other side was KYB and had an extra coil :eek: so managed to pick one up for a tenner second hand