ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

172 Cup-seems cheapish??

leedsboy

ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
  Bean 182 + E70 X5
Photos taken on potato cam and from what can be seen from the awful photos, it looks as though they can't even be arsed to wash it to take photos. I'd avoid unless it was under a grand.

Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
  Alfa 159 TI, 172 Cup
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Renault-C...209179?hash=item2f09ff9adb:g:VU4AAOSw5FpZnJHt

Anyone have any info on this Cup?

Seems well priced for the miles and has the Cliosport stickers all the over the windows

Its local to me so thought it maybe worth a look

I can't find my book at the moment, but I'm almost sure I viewed that car a few weeks back and made some notes on it.
I placed a Facebook 172 Cup wanted add a few weeks back, and a young lad called Tom Collings replied, funnily enough he lives 9 or so miles from Clekheaton motors ( come back to that ). From a distance the car looks well but the closer you look the worse it gets!

Engine oil was on low,and still let us test drive it!
Paint runs the full length of the rear bumper
No V5 but he had 2 new keeper supplements, I even ran a HPI check which had last change of owner back in early 2016, but found a sales receipt from Clekheaton motors for January this year .so the car wasn't in his name.
Drivers side rear quarter panel is full of filler and not painted very well, both sides of the car are different shades of blue, and the side door strips are a funny colour.

Having walked away from that, i rang to enquirer about the RB 182 Cup that I thought was close. It turned out this car was parked behind clekheaton motors, owned by an employee and advertised privately through AT, anyway he left us to look round the car ,we didn't take too long before we found non OE welding in the boot floor, and a gearbox bolt was completely hanging out (advertised as a recent new clutch). But we couldn't have a test drive as it spat a hose off and had no coolant in it . safe to say we walked away.

with the 172 Cup having no V5 my imediate thoughts were it was Cat D repaired, or maybe bought from an insurance company and repaired badly

By all means take a look and report back, but that's cheap for a reason and yes the major service is due

Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tbh I wasn't looking to buy but to see how good it was to the one I have, as I'd like to have a good example as poss to keep for a good while but looks like mines a mile better than this one lol!! It was the miles that made me think about looking at it really
Tbh the garage has a shocking reputation around here and that looks to be upheld by people's comments who's viewed it already!

Just hope no one from here buys it (first time owner possibly) and finds out how bad it is after they get it home :/

Trader Rating - 100%
1   0   0
@Christopher is this the one we went to view before buying mine? Location seems right?

If so, avoid it like the plague, and it's been up for sale forever. The seller is a clown, the belts were cracking and it's not tidy at all.

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 100%
10   0   0
  Z4M
@Christopher is this the one we went to view before buying mine? Location seems right?

If so, avoid it like the plague, and it's been up for sale forever. The seller is a clown, the belts were cracking and it's not tidy at all.
Yup. It's the same car.
AVOID.
When we viewed it, there was no proof of belts and the car was in a pretty poor state in general.
The guy was an utter tool also, which never helps.

Trader Rating - 100%
1   0   0
How long ago did you'd look at it ?

We went in October last year. I have a feeling it was sold and has ended up back there.

I asked him about price, he said there was no budging at all. I pointed out the lack of proof of the belts being done at which point he told me he would just turbo it if it didn't sell.

I wouldn't have bought it off him if it was £50 tbh.

Trader Rating - 88.9%
8   1   0
  997.1, Caddy, e208
I can't find my book at the moment, but I'm almost sure I viewed that car a few weeks back and made some notes on it.
I placed a Facebook 172 Cup wanted add a few weeks back, and a young lad called Tom Collings replied, funnily enough he lives 9 or so miles from Clekheaton motors ( come back to that ). From a distance the car looks well but the closer you look the worse it gets!

Engine oil was on low,and still let us test drive it!
Paint runs the full length of the rear bumper
No V5 but he had 2 new keeper supplements, I even ran a HPI check which had last change of owner back in early 2016, but found a sales receipt from Clekheaton motors for January this year .so the car wasn't in his name.
Drivers side rear quarter panel is full of filler and not painted very well, both sides of the car are different shades of blue, and the side door strips are a funny colour.

Having walked away from that, i rang to enquirer about the RB 182 Cup that I thought was close. It turned out this car was parked behind clekheaton motors, owned by an employee and advertised privately through AT, anyway he left us to look round the car ,we didn't take too long before we found non OE welding in the boot floor, and a gearbox bolt was completely hanging out (advertised as a recent new clutch). But we couldn't have a test drive as it spat a hose off and had no coolant in it . safe to say we walked away.

with the 172 Cup having no V5 my imediate thoughts were it was Cat D repaired, or maybe bought from an insurance company and repaired badly

By all means take a look and report back, but that's cheap for a reason and yes the major service is due

Seems Tom Collings has a keen interest in this car....

http://www.cliosport.net/threads/any-one-know.801409/#post-11253049

Must've bought it after ShaunGow didn't.... :wink:

Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
  Alfa 159 TI, 172 Cup
We went in October last year. I have a feeling it was sold and has ended up back there.

I asked him about price, he said there was no budging at all. I pointed out the lack of proof of the belts being done at which point he told me he would just turbo it if it didn't sell.

I wouldn't have bought it off him if it was £50 tbh.

Who had it in October? Did you read my first reply to the thread? Reference dodgy body work?

Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
  Alfa 159 TI, 172 Cup
Yup. It's the same car.
AVOID.
When we viewed it, there was no proof of belts and the car was in a pretty poor state in general.
The guy was an utter tool also, which never helps.

When I looked at it a few weeks ago ,he showed me the service history,and someone had hand written belts changed at 49,000. Everything about the car screamed walk away

Trader Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Who had it in October? Did you read my first reply to the thread? Reference dodgy body work?

Cleckheaton Motors, I'm not sure I recall excessively bad body work, but we didn't look at it in detail.

Frankly the seller alone was reason enough to walk away, let alone the condition of the car.

Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
  Alfa 159 TI, 172 Cup
Cleckheaton Motors, I'm not sure I recall excessively bad body work, but we didn't look at it in detail.

Frankly the seller alone was reason enough to walk away, let alone the condition of the car.

I wonder if Tom has px'd it in for summit else as his missus was due soon . Tom was asking £2200, he paid £1895 in January and put a k tec exhaust on, now there asking £1495.

Once we found the paint runs on the rear bumper the rest stuck out like a saw thumb

Trader Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I wonder if Tom has px'd it in for summit else as his missus was due soon . Tom was asking £2200, he paid £1895 in January and put a k tec exhaust on, now there asking £1495.

Once we found the paint runs on the rear bumper the rest stuck out like a saw thumb

Really? IIRC when I looked at it, it was up for ~£1600, that was in Oct 16.

Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
  Alfa 159 TI, 172 Cup
I'm pretty sure the sales receipt said £1895, and Iv just checked the messages with Tom and he was asking £2200 .

Trader Rating - 94.7%
18   1   0
  XC90, 330d, Trophy’s
If you really want a cup, I'm going to have an iceberg cup coming up for sale next week.

Belts/dephaser being done this week, wheels were renewed with genuine items a matter of months ago, on pretty new decent brand tyres.
Good clean example but a couple of very minor age related marks upon it.

Totally standard other than possibly having a set of Eibach springs on it.

Going to be about £2750, but it will need for nothing.