ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

172 cup project

Stripped yozza'd cup
Just bought my 172 cup last week....

Standard car except a K-tec stealth system, 68,000mls, excellent condition and good service history.

85b60140.jpg

f0ad8d6c.jpg

ea98e50e.jpg

I thought I might start the progress thread now, just because I'm bored really!

I've tried to start as I mean to go on with it, so I've booked it straight in to Ren-tech for a cambelt and a service.

I'm also going to order 4 new Contisport 2's this afternoon.

Planning to buy an uprated engine mount kit from K-tec on payday as well which will get all of the sensible things out of the way.

Now on to the more interesting mods....

I'm currently designing a new Titanium gear knob, Titanium rear strut brace (front to follow), Brembo HC front disks and new rears with Ferrodo 2500 pads, and lastly, for now, I'm going to match the inlets

I'll post pictures as I get things made / designed / ordered.

Last edited:

Edd

ClioSport Club Member
  Ghibli/Boxster/197T
Plans sound good! Wheels look a bit tired or are they just dirty?

Stripped yozza'd cup
Plans sound good! Wheels look a bit tired or are they just dirty?

Cheers, hopefully it will all come together as planned!

They're just a bit dirty... I washed it on the way home form picking it up but I've been driving it a lot since Friday (spent £65 in petrol).

Stripped yozza'd cup
So I got my first proper upgrades for my car today....

Just bought a pair of Mintex front disks and Ferodo DS2500 pads on ebay. Got them for a steal so pleased with that!

Also bought a pair of new rear shocks for the cup as I noticed the car feels 'bouncy' (for want of a better word). I'm guessing it's the rear shocks as i know these die pretty often. It feels like it's undamped.... Does anyone know of anything else it might be?

I'll get pictures up as soon as I get them fitted!

About half way through fabricating the new gear knob and reverse mechanism so that'll be done in the next few days too... then on to the strut brace!

Stripped yozza'd cup
Fabricated my strut brace now :) Made an aluminium one first off, just because it's less expensive if the design doesn't work out perfectly first time. But the difference it's made to the handling is amazing now it's bolted in.

Took some pictures whilst I was checking the fitting, excuse my dirty boot!

e7c75ded.jpg

20e9ff84.jpg

a9f8db65.jpg

Doing the Titanium one now, better looking and a whole lot stronger :)

PH1 V6
looks nice mate, will have to come and have a look sometime seeing as im only down the road! Iv done a few bits to mine since iv had it (only had it 6 weeks). Iv changed lower gearbox mount, powerflex bushes in dogbone, full service inc belts, plugs, filters etc, k tec stealth exhaust. Im now about to replace upper engine mounts with solid ones and getting coilovers when funds allow!

Stripped yozza'd cup
Finally got round to fitting my brakes today! They look great, haven't had a chance to take them for a proper drive yet due to my current 12mpg. lol

Putting the tow strap on in the morning and then I'll take some pictures.

looks nice mate, will have to come and have a look sometime seeing as im only down the road! Iv done a few bits to mine since iv had it (only had it 6 weeks). Iv changed lower gearbox mount, powerflex bushes in dogbone, full service inc belts, plugs, filters etc, k tec stealth exhaust. Im now about to replace upper engine mounts with solid ones and getting coilovers when funds allow!

I need to change all of my bushes, probably next on the list. Feel free to come and have a ganders mate.

Stripped yozza'd cup
Cambelt = done
Aux belt = done
Dephaser pulley = done
Rear shocks = done
And what's more, the brilliant people at Rentech seem to have fixed my emissions warning light problem whilst doing the above, for free! You wonderful wonderful man Mike!

Now all that is sorted, I can start getting serious with other things :)