ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

172 cup Project revive

Thought I would start a thread for the new addition, mainly so I can look back and see what I've done to it over time.

Now most of you have seen this around before, it was for sale for a while on here.
Anyway here she is when I bought it

9C095BF6-3DC5-47F9-BEF2-F3BEF7225249-421-000000FF5FE0A534_zps8c19a971.jpg

2B185B26-10DC-4809-A8CC-2293A25269EB-421-000000FF72D5E201_zps37ea198e.jpg

I know it's been through a few peoples hands and after a quick look over I could see it needed a fair bit of work doing, but I've always fancied a cup and this one came with a few extra goodies.

First of all I knew it wasn't 200bhp before I bought it and after driving it, it certainly doesn't feel 200bhp, tbf it doesn't feel any quicker than my 182.
But I didn't buy it for the power I bought it because I seen potential.

Anyway here's what's on the list of things to do:

Important bits:
Get the belts and dephaser pulley sorted.
Sort the problem with the uch (wasnt aware of this when I bought it)
Sort the warm idling issue out.
Get the thrust bearing looked at.

Not so important bits:

Change plugs and leads.
Get rid of the orange theme
Get a different bonnet
Fit new side skirt.
Repaint the roof and spoiler (paint job is poor and full of scratches now)

That's about all I got planned for now.

I've already changed the oil and filter, the temp sender, the thermostat and sorted the knocking noise when pulling off (ball joint bolts were loose).
Comment and criticism welcome.

This is now with dan at sjm, looking forward to getting it back after he's worked his magic.

Also ordered some new spark plugs to hopefully get rid of the slight misfire and the scooby sound.

Picked the car up from sjm lastnight and Dan's done a brilliant job fair play.

Also gave me a list if things that need doing to the car.

Bought an ecu and uch lastnight, hopefully I'll have time to fit them next weekend and that's some more ticked of the growing list.

Thanks, it needs plenty of work but I enjoy a project.

I've now changed the Uch and ecu, but I have still got the original problem. I presume it means I have an electrical fault somewhere, I'll have to wait to sort this out.

Got some new springs for the rear on the way aswell as Dan said mine are past their best.