ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

172 cup or not?

Renault Clio 172 Cup
Hi
I'm buying a 172 cup. It seems to be a cup. However it has half leather seats. And no cup badges. And the wheels are 205 not 195.
The reg comes up as a cup. Changing seats seems to be slot of hassle to go to. Plus there's a slight whistle noise.when I half press the throttle. The cars only up for 1395 quid which I thought reasonable for 2003 with 88000 on the clock. Down side it has had 9 owners.

Cheers

S3, Polo
If the autocheck on the reg says it's a Cup, I'd wager it was a Cup.

Door badges are notoriously crap & will have fallen off.

Seats are a doddle to change.

Tyres have probably been changed to a wider, more common profile to save a few quid.

The price may seem like its a bargain but has it had the belts done?

Renault Clio 172 Cup
On the service stamps it states the timing belt was done at 55ik. But I've not checked all the bills. The Cleo I'm driving had the timing belt done last year but ths garage didn't do the dephaser. So I was going to have to fork out anyhow. Because I hate that noise it makes. It's has a few scratches but the disks are new, and the wheels look good. seemed to,drive well. But I've bought lemons in the past. lol

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
Its Clio btw, this might be the reason you've bought lemons in the past?

;)