ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

172 cup options.

brisa4984

ClioSport Club Member
Hello cliosport. Been a guest for a while n thought id join.. just have a quick question.

I may be goin for a 172/cup and came across an ad for the cup.. In the description it mentioned it havin xneons, abs and AC. I know these werent included in the cup for weight loss reasons but were they availible as an option?? Just want to make sure if i come across an advertised cup wit these gadgets that im not wastin my time and its poss legit.

cheers

Mark

lawrence

ClioSport Club Member
  is non-existent
at a later stage a/c was offered an as option but not the others(i think)

Nimbus Clio 197
yeah, aircon was a late option but the others are NOT on a 172 Cup. so its someone who doesnt know much about the car they are selling :S

172 Cup
They only came in blue or silver and all were fitted with 11 spoke turini speedline wheels and didnt have the headlight washers either. Oh and they didnt have leather seats either.

hoggaz said:
They only came in blue or silver and all were fitted with 11 spoke turini speedline wheels and didnt have the headlight washers either. Oh and they didnt have leather seats either.

Are you sure? If you look on the Autotrader website alot of the Cups have what appear to be headlamp washers clearer visible on the bumper below the headlights.

lawrence

ClioSport Club Member
  is non-existent
nope they dont have washers on there at all, they are blanking plugs, unless its been retro fitted but doubt it, maybe the ones you are seeing are 182s

172 Cup
Go for the Cup mate, I can't wait to take delivery of mine next week. :) Mine has climate control which was offered as an option on the later 2003 models.. oh and it's Mondial.

Lux'd Glacier White R26
Cup - No leather, no headlight washers, no Xenon's, no cruise, no aircon (pre 2003 models), no engine cover, less sound proofing, mondial blue or (something) silver, 11 spoke turini alloys, blue inserts on the inside (around the speedo, etc), no rear headrests, Cup spoiler, limited number of cars available, not limited edition, quicker than FF 172's, weigh around 1010kg's - Think thats pretty much it?

If it doesn't match this description, then i doubt its a Cup.

Tyson.

Remapped derv Golf
^^^^^^ either that or the person selling knows nothing about their car.

Or its a dealer which is the same thing.