ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

172 Cup not starting

172 Cup
Went to start the car just now (had driven fine for 35miles this morning) Noticed the immobiliser light flashing after unlocking it. Tried turning over nothing. Got out, locked and unlocked it. Tried starting, went to turn over but wouldn't start. Did it a few more times and less and less turn overs. Tried locking and unlocking with another key fob but didn't work either.

Any ideas as I'm at work at the moment.

Many thanks

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
I had this a couple of months ago . Drove fine , parked up at the supermarket . Got back in the car and wouldn't start , couldn't lock the door . Also Immobiliser light was flashing . Turned out the battery was dead . Never had any indication it was gonna die . Got my mate to call out the RAC on his membership to get me started and home . Bought a new battery and that sorted it out .

Also i might add . The battery was the original battery , 6 years old so had my moneys worth out of it :D . The little green indicator was still showing green . The bloke from the RAC said those indicators are useless . They only show the charge in one cell . I actually only took the old battery to the tip yesterday , and lo and behold after being outside since September it was still showing green .