ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

172 Cup - New Susp needed!!

'53 172 Cup
Got my MOT due on the 10th and have two broken front springs and a leaking shock... joy of joys!?!

quote to replace with original parts by RS Murray in Leeds is £109.16 for each spring and £47.23 for a shock...

So

£218.32 - 2xsprings
£94.46 - shock
£265.55 + V.A.T.

then an hours Labour at £96

Seems a bit steep... so any suggestions helpful!?!

I'm NOT looking to lower it particularly, as I like the way it rides and handles as is, so why mess with it!! Any senible upgrade suggestions would be of interest though!!

Cheers to the CS faithful!!

Golf MK6 GT TDI
its not too hard to change the suspension yourself, could save yourself a few quid on labour.

'53 172 Cup
Am happy to pay for the time as don't have the time myself of the tools to do it... but might be interested in the eibachs...

Anymore thoughts from anyone...

Car goes in on tuesday!!

172 Cup
£218 for a pair of front springs. Thats crazy. get a set made to orginal spec for more then half the price.

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
Ive got a full 172 cup setup in my garage. i'll post it.

Saab 93 Aero Wagon
Just be prepared to change shocks regulary. My Sportlines ATE shocks.

Prolines are much kinder and look near enough standard.

'53 172 Cup
Prolines sound about right tbf... is that price for a full set of four though... !?!

And can CS members get a better price or discount with anyone?

TTRS & V50
Prolines sound about right tbf... is that price for a full set of four though... !?!

And can CS members get a better price or discount with anyone?

£ 143.35 is the price for a set of 4 inc vat.

Kam Racing is a trader on here, so give them a ring and they might give you some forum discount, don't know what their deal is tbh.

When I used them in the past with my Eibach's. They were excellent service.

Mondeo TDCi
i also have 4 cup springs i was gona use on my 172ff before it got written off. you can have them for free if you cover the postage. think they had done about 50k before i got them.