ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

172 cup lowering springs

ibiza fr tdi hybrid
so had the cambelt and dephaser done today! so now decided now thats done time for some modifications
i want a set of lowering springs not sure how low just basicly so the arches sit level with the tops of the wheels?
i want some springs that probly aint as stiff as the cup ones if possible stop from breaking my kneck when going over bumps and stop some rattles lol suggestions pleasee thanks :)

Clio 197
I had Eibach sportlines on my cup and i liked them, not had experience of any others.

​Cooksports are rated on here too

ibiza fr tdi hybrid
did u notice any difference in the car being more bumpy or was it a bit more comfy? ill have a look now

Clio 197
Only a slight increase in firmness but honestly it was a decent ride.

Compared to a spring like apex (more drop though) , it's night and day (eibach = better)

172 Cup
If you didn't want a firm ride why'd you get a Cup?
Waste of a good Cup.
Some people. SMH.

I have eibachs on mine, ride is firm but then I need new dampers. The "stance" is ok but I'm not a girl about these things, I want my car to go fast, not look fast.

ibiza fr tdi hybrid
I got the cup as it was all i could afford at them time and it was only 5 mins up the road all the other 172s were crap! Im thinking of selling and getting a 182 but then think its stupid as ive just had the belts and dephaser done!!!

Don

182 & LY Clio 220 ed
I got the cup as it was all i could afford at them time and it was only 5 mins up the road all the other 172s were crap! Im thinking of selling and getting a 182 but then think its stupid as ive just had the belts and dephaser done!!!

When I bought my 172Cup...I never really knew much about the differences. I said to someone who used to be part of CS that I sometimes wished I had bought a 172 proper...but he said that I would have said the same thing if I'd bought a 172 over a Cup.

With the Cup the only things which I would change would be springs and seats. I did nearly 100k in it and it was fine. I got a 182 after losing the Cup and glad I did as I prefer my toys now (probably my age!!).

ibiza fr tdi hybrid
yea true i love the cup just dont like the lack of toys ie air con abs ect think ill keep hold of the cup its very clean fairly low miles very clean and as i said just had the belts done with oil filters and plugs