ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

172 Cup intermittent wipers...

BMW E46 330i Touring
... they're not rain sensitive are they?

I only ask as the intermittent feature doesn't seem to wipe at regular intervals, more like: wipe....wipe, wipe, wipe..............wipe.....wipe.........................wipe, wipe.........wipe...

You get the idea.

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
Not rain sensitive. If they're like the 182cup/trophy you can get a better stalk (dynamique) which allows you to alter the speed of the intermittent wipe.

BMW E46 330i Touring
I has that stalk, so I can adjust the speed of the intermittent, but it still seems to wipe at a random, changing speed. It will generally follow the speed that I've set it at, but it will also through in some random wipes that don't follow the speed it should be!

A4 DTM/iceberg cup
they slow down when your car stops or come to a halt. then pick up when you move off. never really looked at it other than that. noticed it when in stop start traffic

The Boosh!

ClioSport Admin
  Elise, Duster
if they are rain sensative you car will have one of these on the windscreen:

img4048zm9.jpg

if its not got one of these then you just have the regular wipers/adjustment speed etc...

if you not got one of these and they still change speeds randomly - then iv not got a clue =]

BMW E46 330i Touring
I noticed it stopping in traffic today, but the intermittent thing is more a case of wiping too often for some reason... and I've not gone one of those ^

M2 Competition
In slow traffic/ when stopped in traffic the wipers slow down. They'll also do a wipe everytime you change the setting (speeding it up/ slowing it down) so could be this, or sensing as if you're changing the setting.