ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

172 cup handling???

2011 clio rs 200
sorry if it's been asked a million times already..............But does lowering a 172 cup change the handling for better or worse or not at all? fancy it but not sure if it's wise messing about with it!!!

Astra VXR ex 172 owner
i was thinking the exact same things mate ave got a mk2 172 but it already handles like a dream... but a fancied lowering it but will it effect the handling!! a wanna know too!!

Tungy
imo opinion it will go round twists and bends even better. Although when it comes to bumpy roads you'll be slightly worse off.

lowering will probably increase the camber slightly, therefore making the steering more fidgety around the straight ahead (under acceleration and braking) but make it stick better in the corners.

Though it will also be less adjustable on the limit, though probably only slightly so if you lower it 30mm instead of 80mm lol

all imo anyway.

*Waits for a suspension guru to correct him* lol

2011 clio rs 200
was thinking coilovers would be best option but wasn't wanting to spend that mucho!! was just thinking koni adjustables oa spax somthing like that. hhmmmmmm confused!!!:S :S just not sure if i should be messing with somthing thats put together so well. anybody had it done and whats your thoughts?

M2 Competition
Id either leave it as stock, or save up and get coilovers. Handles better as stock than it does on lowering springs.

H&R's are the way forward, worth the money for the increase in handling they give.

M2 Competition
Nope, sportlines lower more. Doubt you'd see a drop on a cup with pro's, and then only a small one with sportlines.

Clio 172
not clio related as i dont wanna mess with my every day 172, but on my corsa sport which i drive like maniac, i have swapped the stock suspension for coil overs and adjust for nice weight distrubution, and it handles like a dream. am going to sell the corsa in favor for a cash injection to my 2nd 172 cup track toy :)