ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

172 cup gearbox problem!

172 cup
Hi, I recently bought a clio 172 cup, 52 plate and I seem to be having some gearbox problems with it. On downshifting into 3rd or 2nd it sometimes feels like it doesnt want to go into gear and needs an extra push to get it in. It doesnt crunch, just feels like there is something blocking it going into gear and needs to be forced in. There is no pattern to it, just happens randomly. Any suggestions on what the problem is? I bought the car from a small dealer and is still under warranty but I doubt they will do anything about it as it only happens randomly.

Cheers

Clio 172, 2001
Sounds like mine, doesn't like 3rd gear approx 1 in every 20 attempts. Grrrrr....

I'm convinced Renault built the RHD cars on Friday evenings.

172 cup
Its done 50k, full sevice history etc. Am I doing any damage by forcing it into gear? Like I said there isnt a crunch, just needs an extra push. Cheers

VaVa
Mines never liked third... although I blame it partially on the seating position. To get my arms and legs comfortable I have to put my seat all the way back. This makes me have to reach ever so slightly to get it in thrid and I don't always reach far enough when trying to quick gear changes.:eek:

Is this still a problem ?

If so,

Where did you get car from ?

It may be worth taking it back ;) for them to fix it.