ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

172 Cup front spring

Hi guys,
Car went in a week or so ago to renault for some minor work, while they they checked the car over they noticed the passenger side spring had lost a small piece of metal at the top of the spring, so im going to buy one from renault to get the broken one replaced, if anyone can clarify that this part no. 8200257954 is correct for a 172 cup front spring that would be greatly appreciated :D also im guessing the part no. is the same for both passenger and drivers side?

Many thanks

have you priced the Renault springs yet? it's not good:dead:
you should ('really') renew both across the axle as well

have you priced the Renault springs yet? it's not good:dead:
you should ('really') renew both across the axle as well

My mate who i work with has a friend who works at renault so he said he can get one at trade price, is it not recommended to just replace one? or is both springs recommended to replace

fair do's; i think they're over £100ea otherwise

i've had one damper and one spring fail so far, have renewed just those, and it feels no different to me - although it is recommended that you renew across axles, if not the full set

Would you guys recommend to replace with a set of eibachs then? ive read a few reviews on here and there a bit mixed, some people have fitted them but then replaced them with the originals as there better, any advice guys?