ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

172 cup engine plug smashed

Clio Mk1 + Clio DCI
Hi guys I just bought a 172 cup for £550 and I am stripping it to a bare shell. The reason I am buying it is to use it for my euro projects. Lets start from the beginning.
The previous owner needed the cam belt changed... and took it to a back yard mechanic... in effect he did it wrong... timing off... belt on wrong... tensioner on wrong... engine F*&?!d.
Now I am aware that this has bad consequences and in this case it smashed a spark plug, but it hasnt ran for very long, literally seconds. Enough to cause alot of damage. However I am going to attempt to fix the engine over time, in typical cases what is best replaced? Obviosly pistons and rings, but what else? Valves etc?

Its a real shame she's being stripped but I just dont have the room for a 6th car on my driveway lol

1235390_10201669782731478_143014951_n.jpg

Fiesta ST2 MP215
Much Cheaper to get a 2nd hand lump and bung it in. will cost over 1K to do that and Engines can be had for around £300 do the belts etc much better.

Mr R.

ClioSport Club Member
  A special one.
Id say buy another engine that you can here run.
Lots come up on here.

Clio Mk1 + Clio DCI
Yeah I think the engine is still very much intact, it ran for seconds, and then they turned it off. I'm gunna rebuild the engine from the ground up and probably replace the top end, pistons and valves. Need to rebuild anyway for up-rated parts, so I can turbo it. If it turns out the engine is very much had it I will buy a new lump. Either way the car is being stripped

Clio Mk1 + Clio DCI
... do you guys read... I have 6 cars on my driveway... no space... lol. Being stripped to save space aswell as provide parts for 2 projects. This is a perfect donor, I will get a 172 cup, but this is not it. Unfortunate really, but too young to get insured on it.

Clio Mk1 + Clio DCI
at the moment the bare shell will be scrap value, which is about £150 so if you want the bare shell £150 would do it, but you would have to collect it at that price. Wont go any lower than that I'm afraid as its scrap value, bareshell includes windscreens. The speedlines may be for sale at the right price.

at the moment the bare shell will be scrap value, which is about £150 so if you want the bare shell £150 would do it, but you would have to collect it at that price. Wont go any lower than that I'm afraid as its scrap value, bareshell includes windscreens. The speedlines may be for sale at the right price.

Lol. Scrap value for the complete car would be £150 if your lucky. Scrap metal value is shite at the mo.

Clio Mk1 + Clio DCI
The scrap man I'm using is paying that much for the shell, so I can go less that what I've already been offered for it. I should expect he is using it for something else