ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

172 Cup Detailing..

Mental 172 Cup
In preparation for FCS, I want to try and get the cup looking clean and tidy for once..

I have a rotary and various compounds and pads, I have SRP and HD wax. Clay, plenty of QD, loads of microfibres, wash mitts etc etc..

Will be purchasing another lot of Iron X

Im just wondering if there are any specific waxes and sealants which will compliment Mondial Blue and also any good waxes and sealants in general I can purchase to compliment what I already have..

I know there have been a few threads on this sort of subject but I have no direct answer to what I'm asking.. So apologies.

Thanks all

Luke

There have been about four mondial "what wax?" threads recently fella. Have a search.

What's your budget?

Mental 172 Cup
No budget really.. Obviously I don't wanna spend £££££ on car detailing products but I don't mind spending a bit..

Had a look through the detailing part of the forum and couldn't see anything..

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Before CS give it a going over with Prima Amigo and a finishing pad like 3M's Blue pad. Of course Clay etc before hand but instead of actually polishing give it a glaze.

It'll look superb. Then protect with an LSP of your choice. :) HD wax is excellent. Lots of good waxes out there. Naviwax Dark and Ultimate look good on Blues. Plenty of others.

Golf GT & A4 Avant
SRP on your softest finishing pad you have by machine topped with HD wax will look great, much better than if applying it by hand.

Mental 172 Cup
What's one of the best soft pads to apply SRP with? I may already have it but don't mind buying either.. Will look into other waxes maybe.. What about a good sealant to apply before the wax? I have protected my wheels with G-Techniq C1 as I have just had them refurbed..

Mental 172 Cup
Didn't come across that one.. I will take a look later.. Any ideas on a decent soft finishing pad?