ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

172 Cup - Blackburn to Accrington

Rich-D

ClioSport Club Member
  E90 LCI 330d
Anyone on here own the 53-Reg 172 Cup that I followed from Blackburn to Accrington earlier this evening, be about 6:15pm, I was in the white R5 GT Turbo... ;)

Rich-D

ClioSport Club Member
  E90 LCI 330d
This was more bloke than lad, looked to be late 20's/early 30's to me, but yeah dark hair...

Had an induction kit on for sure, sounded mint when he booted it past! :cool:

Think I've seen that 1 a few times, does sound mint. Not on here though unless its a different one.

RS Megane 225F1
Howdo Mate,

Yep that was me pal, R5 sounded very well too, I thought you was coming up the Dual Carriage way with me but then you dissappeared !!! Just as i was nearly sideways !!! :)

Yep your right induction kit and K-Tec stealth exhaust is responsible for the sound !!!

Anyhows hope your OK mate
Cheers
Lee

Nippy white cup
Don`t suppose it was you that I had a blast with a few weeks ago m8...M65 toward Preston...you had a car full but was still a good laugh

Chris

RS Megane 225F1
Chris n nic said:
Don`t suppose it was you that I had a blast with a few weeks ago m8...M65 toward Preston...you had a car full but was still a good laugh

Chris

Howdo, yeh it could of been mate, what was you driving again ???

Rich-D

ClioSport Club Member
  E90 LCI 330d
bob97531 said:
Howdo Mate,

Yep that was me pal, R5 sounded very well too, I thought you was coming up the Dual Carriage way with me but then you dissappeared !!! Just as i was nearly sideways !!! :)

Yep your right induction kit and K-Tec stealth exhaust is responsible for the sound !!!

I actually used to have a 172 Cup myself, that's why I could tell it wasn't standard... :cool:

The R5 is my "play car" (got a 306 GTi-6 as my main car) but I've been using it a lot lately with the nicer weather & dry roads, makes a change to actually get some traction!

It was only running standard boost when we had our encounter though, only 112bhp @ wheels (~132bhp @ fly), so not a lot of power, but R5's aint very heavy and as you know it aint shabby! ;)

Have had a new carburettor on there, changed the turbo and a few other bits & bobs, so running it all at standard levels for now to be safe, as the fuelling needs setting up & carb re-jetting before I wind the boost up. Should be fooking rapid once it's done though! :evil:

Was a good little blast though, hope to see you again... :approve:

Nippy white cup
bob97531 said:
Howdo, yeh it could of been mate, what was you driving again ???

I have a cup as well m8...you`d defo remember as it was the fastest I`ve had it up to.....70 obviously

Chris

RS Megane 225F1
Rich-D said:
I actually used to have a 172 Cup myself, that's why I could tell it wasn't standard... :cool:

The R5 is my "play car" (got a 306 GTi-6 as my main car) but I've been using it a lot lately with the nicer weather & dry roads, makes a change to actually get some traction!

It was only running standard boost when we had our encounter though, only 112bhp @ wheels (~132bhp @ fly), so not a lot of power, but R5's aint very heavy and as you know it aint shabby! ;)

Have had a new carburettor on there, changed the turbo and a few other bits & bobs, so running it all at standard levels for now to be safe, as the fuelling needs setting up & carb re-jetting before I wind the boost up. Should be fooking rapid once it's done though! :evil:

Was a good little blast though, hope to see you again... :approve:

How comes you got rid of the cup ??? and for a 306 too !!!:S

I love the Cup, I used to run bmw's but since having mine i will find it hard to get anything else !!! its great fun, especially on a weekend up the Trough of Bowland !!!

Thats not too bad for yours though and like you say once the boost is up you'll be away !!! That will be good fun....

Yeh it was a good little blast pal, hope to see you when the boost is up !!!

RS Megane 225F1
Chris n nic said:
I have a cup as well m8...you`d defo remember as it was the fastest I`ve had it up to.....70 obviously

Chris

Cool, I must of seen you about then but no id on't think it was me then, I never go above 60 !!! :rasp:

Rich-D

ClioSport Club Member
  E90 LCI 330d
bob97531 said:
How comes you got rid of the cup ??? and for a 306 too !!!:S

I love the Cup, I used to run bmw's but since having mine i will find it hard to get anything else !!! its great fun, especially on a weekend up the Trough of Bowland !!!

Thats not too bad for yours though and like you say once the boost is up you'll be away !!! That will be good fun....

Yeh it was a good little blast pal, hope to see you when the boost is up !!!

I bought the Cup from new back in 2003, had it about 9 months and then sold it to get a Civic Type-R. Had that about 6 months and flogged it as I wanted to downgrade and get a cheaper car for a while (getting married, doing stuff on the house, etc) so I got the GTi-6 as I'd had a 306 Rallye before I'd had the Cup and it was a good car.

Had the 306 about 18 months now, great car, and have always had the R5 (had that 4 years now) as a second car for hooligan driving. But I'm actually thinking about selling both cars and getting one to replace them, the 306 is practically sold actually, a lad at work wants it, and I've always got people asking me about the R5 so that should be fairly easy to sell.

Still not sure what to get though...