ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

172 cup alternator tensioner snapped

DAN HAMMOND

ClioSport Club Member
  CLIO 182
Hi all. I am in need of a 172 cup alternator tensioner. This is the threaded rod with a eyelet at the bottom to be able to tension the alternator. It has sheared off and Renault cannot find the part I’m after. I have had a quick search on here at previous posts and the seem a little hard to come by. Does anyone know where I can get one. I am off to the Nurburgring next week starting to worry I will not be able to find one. Thanks in advance

DAN HAMMOND

ClioSport Club Member
  CLIO 182
Picture is from a google search but you can see the tensioner in this picture.

Attachments

• 4E2992F4-E634-4A56-850D-C990BA94D3C8.png
    4E2992F4-E634-4A56-850D-C990BA94D3C8.png
    1 MB · Views: 175

adamlstr

ClioSport Club Member
Whereabouts has the threaded bar snapped? Pretty sure I bodged mine at some point to sort the same issue, and just put a nut on the bar to hold it in place -- but we're going back donkeys.

Mertin

ClioSport Club Member
  Ph1 172&Ph2 172 Cup
Pretty sure there was someone making these up? Failing that any engineering firm should be able to make one up no bothee