ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

172 Cup, 42k, £2,950

Jack!

ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Out of interest, are the prices of good examples increasing ever so slightly? Seem to have crept up a bit for mint examples (across the 1*2 range).

ADS_V6

ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 100%
11   0   0
  Seat Leon
Thanks Tim i have a nice cup but couldnt resisit the 1 owner,renault wolverhampton plates and fsh etc,i will be going over the car with a fine tooth comb before parting with cash though,i have hpid and done other checks and its all legit,all the work done on it eg service mot has been done in the same garage for 10 years

ADS_V6

ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 100%
11   0   0
  Seat Leon
its going to dansjm,when he is free cambelt will be done again,water pump aux belt and remap and thats it,will seevice it myself when i bring it home

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Doesn't that outweigh the benefit of buying a more expensive car that's had it done? Plus many will try and say a fsh based on miles not the years so just make sure.

ADS_V6

ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 100%
11   0   0
  Seat Leon
i will be going through every receipt before handing any cash over,also taking someone with me whos better at mechanics than me

ADS_V6

ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 100%
11   0   0
  Seat Leon
look how the 182s have dropped i dont know why cause last year they were quite high,this will be kept as a concours car only,garaged etc and slowly get it to mint cond needs the cup badges badly

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
look how the 182s have dropped i dont know why cause last year they were quite high,this will be kept as a concours car only,garaged etc and slowly get it to mint cond needs the cup badges badly
It's already got them?

ADS_V6

ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 100%
11   0   0
  Seat Leon
side badges are missing bits,only thing i will do is remap it just to get the better idle and cold start sorted,but not an rs tuner after hearing the horror story of it locking the ecu

Ol’ Tarby

ClioSport Moderator
Trader Rating - 100%
4   0   0
  Clio 220 Trophy
side badges are missing bits,only thing i will do is remap it just to get the better idle and cold start sorted,but not an rs tuner after hearing the horror story of it locking the ecu
Rs tuner horror stories?

ADS_V6

ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 100%
11   0   0
  Seat Leon
i read before about it locking the ecu,spoke to dansjm who said he had a car in and has been waiting 2 weeks to get the ecu deleted,i have the 98ron on mine but did not realise it locks the ecu

Trader Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Never heard of it locking the ECU, probably someone pressed something they shouldn't have.

And plus I know plenty of people who switch between the 98 ron / pops and bangs maps, they're fine too.

Ol’ Tarby

ClioSport Moderator
Trader Rating - 100%
4   0   0
  Clio 220 Trophy
Hmmm I spose there's not many people out there that remap using an rstuner, and then take it for a proper map afterwards, so not many would know if it did lock the ECU.

ADS_V6

ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 100%
11   0   0
  Seat Leon
true,i suppose if someone was doing more to the engine cams etc,then went somewhere else.That is when trouble starts

Trader Rating - 100%
1   0   0
  Inferno 182
this will be kept as a concours car only,garaged etc and slowly get it to mint cond needs the cup badges badly

So is it concours already or are you going to return it to concours?
I'm genuinely interested as I think the value of good 172s are starting to creep up. A concours car is a rare site these days. People tend to think because their cars absolutely immaculate, that passes for concours. Concours means, as it rolled off the line or better, without ruining it. A concours 172 would be worth substantially more IMO, but only because that's the way i think the markets going.

I used to build classic cars and owning a concours was a bit of a bind tbh. You couldn't really drive it anywhere and we're always paranoid at shows incase it got scratched or whatever. Lovely to look at though as long as you have another one to drive.

I like it buddy :)

ADS_V6

ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 100%
11   0   0
  Seat Leon
hi i want to keep it mint as much as i can ,without spending lots a proper machine polish 1st,then steam clean inside etc.I always kept my 205gtis mint and whoever turned up to buy them 1st had the car so thanks ,this will be my summer project

ADS_V6

ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 100%
11   0   0
  Seat Leon
thanks m8.Your monaco will look mint with that odk wax on it sunglasses at the ready

ADS_V6

ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 100%
11   0   0
  Seat Leon
hi all just got back from viewing this car and what can i say i nearly nutted the seller
It is not a private seller it is a trader
Upon looking at the vehicle on arrival i will list the problems
1 Air bag and service light on
2 gearstick gaiter worn and loose
3 car was filthy had not even been washed on cleaned
4belts receipt done in 2007 ouch 8 years ago
5Chip on drivers rear quarter,pasenger rear bumper needed paint
6Boot carpet was stained and wet
7fsh was a prinout from the seller showing work on it,not actual recipet and paperwork

My advice do not buy this car or if someone on here is thinking about it imo its worth 1500

ADS_V6

ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 100%
11   0   0
  Seat Leon
also mud under passenger footwell
damp smell in the back
this was obviously a part ex that come in and is in a state imo,needs at least a 1000 spent on it as is

ADS_V6

ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 100%
11   0   0
  Seat Leon
8 years with no belt change did it for me,cleaning it no problem but only if price was much lower,immaculate no in honesty needs tlc should be stated in listing