ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

172 Clutch Kit

JW

ITB 172 Cup & 197 FF
Hi everyone.

Was driving home the other day and unfortunately my clutch decided to go! :dapprove:

I was wondering how much a new clutch kit for the Clio 172 would cost?

And where is the best / recommended place to buy one from?

Thanks a lot,

Jamie.

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
Genuines Renault, can get them from K-tec i believe, won't be a cheap repair this.

clio 200 F4Rt
may as well put something better in there if your changing it.

Helix would be a good option!

JW

ITB 172 Cup & 197 FF
Well £140 doesnt seem too steep for the clutch kit to me.

I agree with you on upgrading it while its all out, but all depends on how much money it will cost for upgrades...

Stick with the stock clutch its £80 ish from motorfactories etc and IMO the best to use (although I'd go for a Renault one) forget anything uprated stock is better for OE and even way over OE power levels IMO.

Lionel Richie
the one from gsf is a renault one, about £100

helix clutch is a bad idea, horrible to drive with day to day, and about £350

clio 200 F4Rt
how can a Helix organic plate clutch be horrible?

its very similar to standard just with more heavy duty faces. they are designed for road and track day use.

anyways, the organic cluth plate is £92.31 +VAT from Demon Tweeks.

so a better product for similare money.

shows what some people know..... or rather dont!

Lionel Richie
how can a Helix organic plate clutch be horrible?

its very similar to standard just with more heavy duty faces. they are designed for road and track day use.

anyways, the organic cluth plate is £92.31 +VAT from Demon Tweeks.

so a better product for similare money.

shows what some people know..... or rather dont!

have you ever tried one?
what crawled up your arse and died? WHERE in your post does it mention anything about organic?

clio 200 F4Rt
yeah, i used to run one on my saxo.

why would you automatically presume that he would go from a standard clutch to a full on Helix cerametallic paddle clutch?!?!?!

just getting tired of people being given the wrong information from so called 'experts'.

Lionel Richie
just getting tired of people being given the wrong information from so called 'experts'.

LOL likewise!

so because you used one on a saxo that makes it automatically good for a clio?

ha, try posting correctly next time

clio 200 F4Rt
i have never claimed to be an expert. i know what i know, and if that info can help others i share it.

and i would assume the same product for similar vehicles would work and be suitable in the same way. if you can prove otherwise to me then please do!

but hey ho.... whatever!

GDI Demo 182, Rsi Spider
Helix do two kits iirc for the clio..

1 - paddle plate, uprated cover (has remarkably good feel, and takes loads of power - but doesnt last long as it wears the flywheel out)

2 - Organic, basically uprated std type, will take 220bhp all day, we have fitted loads of these and they are perfectly fine for road use, infact some customers thought they were nicer than std ones. circa £280 for the kit

Lionel Richie
i've got a V6, which is on throttle bodies, a blonde mrs, who happens to be from sweden, and a huge penis, i can see why people don't like me ;)