ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

172 cam refitting questions

Just about to fit some second hand cams to my 172, I have a few questions about the procedure. I've got the Renault tech note, so most of it is clear.

What do people use to seal the cam cover, the technote refers to "loctite 518" WTF is that? And how do people put it on - roller?

Any where other (cheaper) than Renault to buy the cam pulley immobilising tools 1509 and 1509-01 (£80).

Do I need, as the tech note suggests, a new nut, bolt and blanking cover for the cam pulleys?

When I've fitted new cams before I got a sachet of some stuff to lube them up until the oil got there on startup. These cams aren't new, so will a bit of oil do?

Thanks

Lionel Richie
blob of oil on each carrier

Silicone based sealant - Loctite black etc, make sure its not the non solidifying stuff

you can borrow my tools if you pay postage and promise not to damage them

172 Cup & Clio dci Van
sorry to hijack but i also just bought some uprated cams.

Would you recommend changing anything else i.e followers / springs etc?

as i asked the question of ktec and they just change the camshaft and thats it...
will do cambelt at same time i think.

Cheers