ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

172 bumper paint removal

172,scenic, trafic
my front and rear bumpers need repainting and want to prep them myself. the front is ok bar a few scrapes so will fill them etc ready for painting. does anyone no what e lse i need t o do ie flattening off etc and the best type of filler for bumpers.
the rear bumperis w hat appears to be a s ilver one which has been resprayed blue. the blue is mostly flaking off, do i need to remove all this and if so how? thnx

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
my front and rear bumpers need repainting and want to prep them myself. the front is ok bar a few scrapes so will fill them etc ready for painting. does anyone no what e lse i need t o do ie flattening off etc and the best type of filler for bumpers.
the rear bumperis w hat appears to be a s ilver one which has been resprayed blue. the blue is mostly flaking off, do i need to remove all this and if so how? thnx

Honest opinion, unless you're painting it don't bother. It won't save any money and it'll just cause hassle for the bodyshop.

172,scenic, trafic
i did think exactly that, by t he time i bought all the stuff it wouldnt be worth it. it wasnt cost cutting but wanted to do some of it myself. on reflection might find a bodyshop to do it! thnx