ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

172 Bumper fit a Mk2 Ph2.

Ed

One that doesnt work
Is it a straight swap?

Also is there any guides to removing a 172 Bumper from a 172?

Astra 1.9Cdti SRi
under neath the bumper theres some screws. cant remeber how much but its easy. just pop your head under there :)

If memory serves, two bolts just underneath the boot lid that are clearly visible, two bolts behind the wheel arch lining that you need to undo the lining to get at. All are torx screws, buggered if I can remember what size though!

Oh and the arch liners won't fit from a non sport as the rear bumper is wider.

Ed

One that doesnt work
The cars at the scrappy, and i will have to go and take it off. The thing is will i have enough tools in with my spare wheel to undo it? to take it off

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
No. You need a torx screw driver (preferably a few different sizes as no one seems sure which size it is) Not a difficult job. Easiest way to do it would be look under your car, and see what you need to get yours off, or just try to take yours off, see what you need, as it will be the same.

Astra 1.9Cdti SRi
If memory serves, two bolts just underneath the boot lid that are clearly visible, two bolts behind the wheel arch lining that you need to undo the lining to get at. All are torx screws, buggered if I can remember what size though!

Oh and the arch liners won't fit from a non sport as the rear bumper is wider.

Mine are on and i have a 172 rear bumper :S

Ed

One that doesnt work
oright. Sorted, im going to a scrappy tomorow, and remove one. they are wanting £30 for it!

Artic Blue 182FF
arch liners wont fit i got some for like 6 off ebay, its an easy job to do. ave done it on mine! am working on the front bumper now! just need some cs front wings...

Astra 1.9Cdti SRi
yee grab them, iirc their hard to get.

Arck liners will fit, il prove it tommorow, as i need to take rear bumper off anywayz now to get the black strip off :)

Ed

One that doesnt work
Going inabit!!! I wonder if theres are Cup Spoiler lying around!!! hehehe

Ed

One that doesnt work
Been! Theres nothing decent at the Yard. I rang around all Scrappys in my area and they had none!! Accept for a 182! Lol! Does anyone have a rear bumper for me?