ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

172 brake upgrade

cup 172 mk2 + Scooby
HI All ,
Not happy with brakes on wifes 03 172 cup , going to fitt black diamond combi disc's with new pad's + goodridge hoses all round.
Has anyone tried this set up on there Cup ?

Standard none drill disks are better these fancy drilled ones only crack and block up plus standard/brembo ones are cheaper.
Depends whats wrong with the brakes most people chnage apds and disk and there still usless as they don't bleed the brakes properly this is the most important thing plus replacing the fluid with some better stuff.
DS2500 pads are a popular upgrade not to bad price wise (£85) just a bit squeeky from cold but stock are fine only upgrade if you've had fade imo as thandard is fine and good value.

my old brakes were rubbish.

just had new Renault Discs, Renault Pads and a good quality fluid put on and now they're great. There must have been a lot of air in the old system with poor fluid.

cup 172 mk2 + Scooby
Thanks for advice lad's ,
Clio discs look o.k. front pads lots of Meat left , rear pads 1 month old .
will change to top quality fluid and fully bleed original set up .
Got the Black Diamond gear on my WRX it made a vast improvment over standard , and just thought I would stick it on the Clio .

Clio 172 mk2
The OE brakes on my 172 are way better than on my old WRX....they were appaling for the power of the car.

Like most people are saying..just go for normal, undrilled/ungrooved Brembos with some decent pads, the Clio is a light car so for normal road use doesn't need anything that extreme.