ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

172 Bonnet style

I have the mk2 172 and i think the bonnet is a bit naff.

i would like to do something to make it look better but i dont know what. I am not in to grafting on louvers. I think a nice see though plactic one would look cool. Pained at the edges and fading to clear so the middle is totally clear. what do you think. and no i am not getting neon washer jets before any posts it.

the problem with plastic is that the heat from the engine may warp the plastic

if you use perspex, it has a bad reaction to sunlight and turns that sh*tty yellow colour

IMO youd be better going for a fibreglass bonnet and just have some subtle changes from the standard bonnet

Yeah, those american showcars dont move remember, thats why they can have the perspex bonnets. I think your being a bit harsh though, i like the bonnet with the crease in the middle, its funky!

If you have a silver one how about a carbon bonnet, or if youre a pikey, a carbon skinned one and some rather cool gandor carbon mirrors? If you got your wheels powdered black it could look quite a beast..

a carbon skinned one are actually better for crash poctection, agree with rob, itll be one very nice 172 with carbon bonnet/mirrors and dark rims

You only live once though ;)..anyway you have six airbags! If i ever get the 172 thats what ill probably do 2 mine, none of those crappy stickers though they put down the sides though. Forgot to mention the 888 motorsport carbon backbox. Nice!

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)

do the whole front!!

carbon wings carbon bonnet

get some aston vanquish vents put in hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Or them james bond vents on the XKR, eviiilllll! You could end up spending more than your cars value on carbon lol