ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

172 alloys rubbing!

MK3, 1.2. 16V
So I've just fitted 16" 172 alloys to my MK2 and ONE of the tyres is rubbing. The rear-passenger side tyre is constantly rubbing but the other 3 are fine. I have ordered some 10mm spacers to solve the problem but I was wondering if maybe there was a bigger issue because only 1 out of 4 is rubbing ? Any help would be greatly appreciated :)

MK3, 1.2. 16V
Have you had a look to see where its rubbing or what on?

The inside wall of the tyre is rubbing on the arch liner. Think it's called the arch liner, the black plastic ?
Just found it strange that its rubbing on one and not the others. Had a look and all bolts holding the liner on look intact and cant see why it should be any different to the other side.

MK3, 1.2. 16V
I've had this on a customers car. The cause was it had been involved in an accident and the rear beam mountings on the chassis weren't correct.

As far as I'm aware the car hasn't been involved in an accident. What needed to be done to fix it ?

MK3, 1.2. 16V
Spacers didnt work :( Looks like she'll have to goto the garage on Monday. Hopefully it's not anything too serious.