ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

172 alarm problem

Clio RS 172
got a 172 and i think it has a 2 to 1 upgrade on it as there is a seperate led on the dash board. there is no after market key fob, it works from my normal renault key.

the alarm used to bleep when it when armed and unarmed and i tested the alarm and it was working as it should.
then some how i managed to turn the after market alarm off but i cant remember what i did!!!

now only the central locking works and the aftermarket led stays on all the time!!
can ny 1 help.

thanks

What alarm is it on it ?? Standard cat1 (cobra ones, I think) systems work on the key plip, they don't have a separate alarm fob.

The led should be down by the ash tray & one on the dials (iirc)

Is your car an import ?

Clio RS 172
hi, yes the car is an import and the led is above the cd player.
the siren is visable when the bonnet is up, it is by the air filter but i cant see a brand name on it

thanks

I'd try & find out what make it has fitted to it. If it's a cat1 or 2 it should in theory have a certificate with it.

If you can't find out, maybe your local alarm & car audio place will help you out.

330Ci (Fail)Sport
I'd have a look at all the aftermarket alarms that can use the key and then try and figure out from that list which yours is.

Do you have any button panels in the glovebox, my autowatch has one like this

autowacth-keypad-animation2.gif

Clio RS 172
just thought i am sure sum 1 was saying how you can turn the sensors on and off or something similar, any one know about this?

You can turn the interior sensors off yeah. I think you have to turn they key back & forth a few timers (but not so it starts the car) It'll then make a beep noise.

What year (reg) is your car ?

Try what I mention, I think it's back & forth four times, then it beeps to turn them off etc. It's writen on here how to do it all.

Vee 6
Some aftermarket alarms have a valet mode that switches off the triggers and siren.

I fit car security, Stick some pics up of what you can see ( Interior sensors , Siren ) and i'll see if i can identify it.

Clio RS 172
Have just tried this, nothing happened!!! i will take some pictures of the leds etc tomorrow nd see if this helps!

turn off ignition
-open door
-put key in ignition and turn to stage two and back again twice
-take key out
-close door and lock as normal.

Alarm will beep three times and lock. Means the internal sensors are off. Can be done for things like dog/children in the car as well.

Clio RS 172
im back with more info and some pics etc.

the pictures show the alarm led that is on the dash board as you can see by the cd player above the aircon controls.

the only other led is on the dash clocks - standard one.

i also looked through all of the paperwork with the car and found a little book. the alarm is a series 50 alarm. i read the insturctions and it seems to imply that you can turn beeps on and off.

Hope this helps - Matt

PICT2673.jpg

PICT2672.jpg

PICT2671.jpg

PICT2670.jpg

Vee 6
It reminds me of an old Laserline system..... But Series 50 would suggest a Sigma, What does it say on the silver label on the back of the siren ?