ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

172 air con, bad smell for few seconds on startup?

noticed when my cars been sat for few hours undriven and i start up, the air con gives off an unpleasant smell for a few seconds then goes, any ideas?

what you had the car serviced or the air con specifically? what do they change for the heating a filter of some kind?

Yeah just the air-con, I handed it in to the dealer who 'serviced' it. Think it was about £30, but that was a few years ago.

I'm not exactly sure what they done, but it cured the issue and was ice cold again.

just searched the net and this is the process (at Nationwide Autocentres anyway) but they want £69

•Temperature checks
•Full visual inspection
•Recovery of refrigerant
•Evacuation of air and moisture from the system
•Leak test
•Recharging to recommended levels, adding fresh system oil as necessary
•Air-conditioning cleaner to clear bacterial build up and remove any unpleasant smells

This appears to be what they do

they replace and recharge lubricant and refrigerant levels in line with your manufacturers recommendation. If they cannot improve the coolest vent temperature from your car by more than 10% when measured in degrees Celsius - then you pay nothing at all.