ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

172 20 months ownership from new now 37,000

insignia
Bought My Icebergh Clio 172 20 months ago now had 4 miles on the clock.

It has been my best friend since.

It now has 37,946 miles.Its had its 3rd service and had had 4 sets of front tyres.

It has had the drivers interior panel fixed due to the plastic cover flaking away at about 13,000 miles. The Renault drivers side mat has now 2 patches worn through. My car smells of nicotine and needs agood valet, but generally still looks new.

Apart from the above, my clio has run like clockwork,never missed a beat and so far can confirm !100% reliability.

If the next 37,946 miles are as trouble free as they have been ill be keeping it for another 37,946 miles.

Great car, great fun,great economy.

Vee dub
Good to hear :)

Im clocking up the miles in my valver..... but quite frankly not bothered! it runs like new and loves every mile :approve:

I will keep it for weekends soon, but for now... loving it

clio 200
wish i could say the same about my cup, since i have owned it it has been down to renault atleast once a month

Steve

ClioSport Club Member
  ST3 8.5
182 sport said:
It has had the drivers interior panel fixed due to the plastic cover flaking away at about 13,000 miles.

On mine the rubber coating is peeling off, near window switch..........?????

172cup
i do millions of miles in my 172 cup... and i dont care. Some days i cry when i look at the LCD... but then i remember why i've done so many miles in it lol.... love it so much.

I've got the have one of the highest milage 172 cups at 45k...?

d.brown said:
I've got the have one of the highest milage 172 cups at 45k...?
Nope there are a few high milage one.
Chic and nicm have 60k on there or more by now.
Yozza car had 80k on it when the engine failed about 6 months ago I think its on more like 95k by now with its new engine.
I'm sure there at least 2 cup's I've seen with over 100k on them.
Any idea how the mpg has been going?
I found the best thing to do about the mats is to stick a bit of hard cloth on the underside of the mat and tape it in place and just kep replacing the cloth as required. I found some old belt like material which holds up quite well and you cannot see it realy.

Pikey Truck
Since i bought the car ive had to replace the headgasket!! sorting the brakes out now and just bought four new goodyear eagle F1s. its currently on 92k with a recond engine about 85k!

172cup
edde said:
Nope there are a few high milage one.
Any idea how the mpg has been going?

Mine is consistant at around 28-35 sepending how i'm driving. Had it read 99.9mpg coasting down a big hill.... and reading 1.0mpg when i reset it on the 'track' at 140mph lol

Clio 172 mk2
I'm around three months into my Clio 172 ownership (iceberg silver too).....going well so far, seems to be a good little car:D

C

Cupster

d.brown said:
Mine is consistant at around 28-35 sepending how i'm driving. Had it read 99.9mpg coasting down a big hill.... and reading 1.0mpg when i reset it on the 'track' at 140mph lol

Quality!!

I got stuck at 65mph on the M25 the other day. 60 mile trip and I got 42.7mpg!! Spot on