ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

172 & 182

insignia

I have a 03 clio 172 and my car pulls load to the left when on throttle in any gear. I thought it was a fault. Anyway Reno kindly leant me a black 182 for the afternoon to see the differance;I was expecting the 182 to not steer violently when booting it but i woz wrong.the 182 pulled loads to the left when on throttle even worse than mine so made me feel sh*t loadz better. Noticed the gay coloured seatbelts first. Engine noise is definately louder, didnt notice handling difference at all. I almost forgot i wasnt driving my own.

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)

Quote: Originally posted by 182 sport on 17 May 2004

I have a 03 clio 172 and my car pulls load to the left when on throttle in any gear. I thought it was a fault. Anyway Reno kindly leant me a black 182 for the afternoon to see the differance;I was expecting the 182 to not steer violently when booting it but i woz wrong.the 182 pulled loads to the left when on throttle even worse than mine so made me feel sh*t loadz better. Noticed the gay coloured seatbelts first. Engine noise is definately louder, didnt notice handling difference at all. I almost forgot i wasnt driving my own.

Quote: Originally posted by 182 sport on 17 May 2004

i know that road camber is nothing to do with my steering problem, as the 182 steered badly to the right
badly to the right and the left?

wow thats broke. or is it..................

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)

that could be it is the wheel supposed to move left and right?

Mine moves up and down?

insignia

let me get this straight sorry guys.My 03 172 pulls to the right.The 182 pulled loadz to the left but only on throttle.

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)

Thanks for clearing that up.

I get torque steer too, just fight it its not a fault.

Mazda 2, MX5 Mk2.5 Sport

Front wheel drive + lots of power + unequal lenth drive shafts = torque steer

KDF

Audi TT Stronic

Its all to do with tyres if you ask me.. cause after replacing them with different ones I resolved a lot of torque steer and tramlining.

182, GTR, C63

Ill comfirm plenty of tourque steer in the cup. Adds to the expirience in 1st n 2nd and somtimes 3rd but i expected this anyways. Still love the car!!!