ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

172/182

Impreza Turbo
Looking at either the 172 or 182 come next march, but i'm really clueless as to which to get, i prefer the look of the rear on the 182 as i like the twin pipe look, but can i have a good pro's & con's list from respective owners please?

Hornets nest :D

The 182 is the better car if you can afford it. Otherwise the 172 is 99% as quick and has lots of nice toys. The 172Cup is the pick of the bunch for outright dynamics. The 182Cup is a compromise of both.

That's my take on it anyway. Either car will give you many miles of fun :cool:

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
Had a ff 172 , now got a ff 182 . Prefer the looks of the 182 back end , twin exhaust . Traction control and esp in the 182 also , even though i think some of later 172's might have had traction/esp iirc .
I like the anthracite wheels better on the 182 with cup packs , suspension feels a little better and better grip from the exaltos .

I've owned both and personally IMO the 182 is a better car. It's only minor tweeks but it makes for a better package all round. Performance difference is negligable so its more a case of do you want newer or older and spend the difference on mods.

Megane 225 Cup
yeah.. or you could get a trophy.. i mean you shoudl be able to pick one up for 10k.. or save a little more and get a V6... ;)

Focus ST
I went from a 1.2 Dyna to a FF 182.

Love every minute of it, fantastic car. I don't think it really matters. Go for the best 172 you can find, with a bit of money left over for some mods. Or just a newer 182, with the future intention to mod.:cool:

cock mobile.
fungusman said:
yeah.. or you could get a trophy.. i mean you shoudl be able to pick one up for 10k.. or save a little more and get a V6... ;)

Doubt it very much! 12k minimum.

Either get a 182 with Cup packs, or get a 172 Cup and have some cash for mods ;)

Steve

ClioSport Club Member
  ST3 8.5
sh33n said:
Doubt it very much! 12k minimum.

Either get a 182 with Cup packs, or get a 172 Cup and have some cash for mods ;)

Next March take your pick!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Why wait?????????

Impreza Turbo
thought about a V6 but with kids the V doesnt quite fit the bill lol, 12 months is a long time, but it gives me time to see who is offering the best deal on their respective used car deals.

cock mobile.
Next March as in 2007???

I just assumend he meant in this march, i.e. now!

Think about it next March then, far to early to consider it now!

MINI JCW
buy a full fat 182 with both cup packs that way you get all the toys from the 172 and the handling of the 172 cup.

I certainly prefer the 182 over the 172 from a looks point of view

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
why do people thinking of buying a car in a years time discuss it now??!! Really can't get my head around that.....

Impreza Turbo
some of us dont have the luxury of just buying on impulse, i'll be buying the next car through my motability scheme, so by looking at what cars are worth now is very beneficial to me. So even if something better is about in a years time is no good to me, as i wont be able to afford them.
Thats why i am looking at advice on the 172/182 now, as either are well within my budget for next year.