ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

172/182 strut top knocking fix

cheers mate i will be sending paypal payment shortly are they really easy to fit and will it make all the different with the noise..cant believe it is this simple..not complaining he he he

Gal

A Clee O
cheers mate i will be sending paypal payment shortly are they really easy to fit and will it make all the different with the noise..cant believe it is this simple..not complaining he he he

Just follow the guide a couple pages back - You might not need to remove the compression nut though. But its a basic outline - 10 minutes max.

Just make sure you have a deep spanner.

Gal

A Clee O
Yeah I had to take mine off as I explained earlier - But no one else has so must have been the internal diameter was slightly smaller - But its all corrected now.

:)

got a few pairs left, £4 inc postage.

those that have payed via paypal already , the spacers will be sent first thing tomorow when i pop to the post office.

if you want some and you want them sent tomorow morning then the paypal address is justinreed@blueyonder.co.uk

Sorry, I would like to know if anyone fitted and fixed the problem??

Also, see attached pic. When I replace the top mount last time, I found that this metal thing can move slighty inside the rubber thing??? Is that normal???

Last edited:
i need to know who james minshall is, can you please pm me....

for all those pm's i have had i need to check stock but will let you know asap.

Ultra 197 ex 172 Cup
nice one Fred, do we order them online or pm you :) i put mine under the nut thing so guess i need bigger ones, or drill the center out some more

JMR

RB 182 Cup
FAO Fred/Justin-172

Do I have to be really careful not to overtighten when I put to rubber top back on?

Finger tight?
Just a little pinch with the spanner?

My one-off samples should be done tomorrow, so i will fit them to mine and if ok I'll have 25 pairs from 304 s/s made by the end of the week. [if i get round to fitting them:sleepy:]

James

Lionel Richie
yes, as i said previously, as you're retightening the top mount cap, tighten it until you feel resistance from the spring then STOP, otherwise you'll dislocate the spring from the top cup

Gal

A Clee O
lol yeah if you look back through the thread there are some huge pictures to stop questions like this.

will update how many i have left tomorow, so could people not send anymore payments until then please.

those that have payed the items will be posted tomorow.

Steve

ClioSport Club Member
  ST3 8.5
Had mine fitted today, seems loads better.

Steering feels lighter as well, maybe due to greasy roads???

justin hope you got my pm mate still really wanting these buddy so please can you let me know when you have some so i can send payment cheers

RenaultSport clio 172 mk2
does anyone have any of these spare as i am keen on a pair.

pm me if anyone does and i will get some money over.

cheers.

people that want them from me, could you please pm me in the new year that way i can make sure there is enough to go round. thanks

Jap Shed
Right, my car gives a little light knocking sound when going over undulations / bumps in the road (usually at slow speeds of 20 mph ish) is this what i need to do?

len_beach

ClioSport Club Member
  E92 M3,172 track car
Justin, washers received today and very well packaged as well. Many thanks. I'll PM Lee re. a referral.

2007 MK5 VW Golf TDi
I have fitted mine also and it has cured the squeak / knock in full left lock - sorted! Thanks to Justin-172 for providing the washers - top class service mate! ;)

BMW M3
Right.... definately getting some off you now mate if thats ok, because the squeaking is driving me mad and because you have such a good forum name.

Will pm you after new year as i guess thats when you will be sending them again.

Thanks Bud

yeh no worries, all who require them please pm me after the new year as i will not even be reading the pms till then.