ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

172/182 Snapped ECU Brackets - pics. / numbers / dealer reactions / solutions

As suggested by Fred I thought I'd put this together to give people an idea what to check before warranty runs out; tot up numbers; help when talking to dealers etc. etc.

So far it's 38 at least - Deb182, g40steve, GazCB, Brad182, The 182 Steamer, Roy Munson, Robbles, Gweebs, Leeshez, Brasseye, sm_wrc, Batman (?), Rich_84, Stokoe_Sport172, azzer2000, RenaultSport, charlie_b, gadlys, mja182, Ollie1982, trailerparktrev, polarbert, Dan_cup, gt_gaz, DaveLiquid182, d_182, Nik, Oms, christurbo, biff, theboydann, Ross M, furry_cup, Floodie, miltage2, ChrisFez, davejm123

Part number - 8200067223 (< thanks g40steve).

Lots of us have had this done under warranty. Don't be messed about.

Mine (2005 182) went at about 9,000 miles for what it's worth -

th_2005182Ecubracketsnapped.jpg

Mrs yee_har's 2006 Campus has this one which seems a better arrangement....

th_2006CampusECUbracket.gif

Last edited:
  Saab 93 Aero Wagon
Ahhh! So there are other sufferers of this....thought i was the only one!

I've added me to the list!

So far it's 20 at least - Deb182, g40steve, GazCB, Brad182, The 182 Steamer, Roy Munson, Robbles, Gweebs, Leeshez, Brasseye, sm_wrc, Batman (?), Rich_84, Stokoe_Sport172, azzer2000, RenaultSport, charlie_b, gadlys, mja182, Ollie1982

Inferno 182 w/ Recaros ;)
Added myself to the list. I will never know whether it was the accident that caused it but it was definately FUBAR.

So far it's 20 at least - Deb182, g40steve, GazCB, Brad182, The 182 Steamer, Roy Munson, Robbles, Gweebs, Leeshez, Brasseye, sm_wrc, Batman (?), Rich_84, Stokoe_Sport172, azzer2000, RenaultSport, charlie_b, gadlys, mja182, Ollie1982, Polarbert

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
mine, i managed to wang a self tapper through it though, used to cause some proper squeeking

Mercedes AMG GLE 53
Ive added myself to the list. Mine went at 10k

So far it's 20 at least - Deb182, g40steve, GazCB, Brad182, The 182 Steamer, Roy Munson, Robbles, Gweebs, Leeshez, Brasseye, sm_wrc, Batman (?), Rich_84, Stokoe_Sport172, azzer2000, RenaultSport, charlie_b, gadlys, mja182, Ollie1982, Polarbert, DaveLiquid182

mine went at about 10K. done under warranty - i think

(as was: new cat [broken flange - still makes me giggle], engine mount and steering wheel. 40K on clock now)

182 RB FF
Still need to go and sort mine, This has reminded me though... will try and get there this evening actually.

I did phone them about this, I said the ECU Bracket had snapped and apparently it was a common fault, and they spoke like i was an idiot and said they didn't have a clue what i was on about...

Black Twingo GT
Mines gone also, causing no issues though.

Anyone just getting from the dealer and fitting it themselves or are they all getting fitted at the dealer? I really cant do without my car.

Dan

LY V6 with Recaros
Has everyone had theirs done under warrenty? Renault are refusing to fix mine under warrenty, I'm going to give ren uk a call when I get a chance.

Saab 93 Aero Wagon
Well mine is a good year outside warranty now so gonna get a mate to spot weld the thing back together!

306 TD Slut
So far it's 20 at least - Deb182, g40steve, GazCB, Brad182, The 182 Steamer, Roy Munson, Robbles, Gweebs, Leeshez, Brasseye, sm_wrc, Batman (?), Rich_84, Stokoe_Sport172, azzer2000, RenaultSport, charlie_b, gadlys, mja182, Ollie1982, Polarbert, DaveLiquid182, furry_cup

added me to the list, bought the car at 28k and noticed it is broke.. :( good'ol ropey renaults

Updated first post.

Would be good to have the current part number(s) here also and/or a description/photo of the part your dealer gets in as a replacement.

My dealers got in a flat-ish plate about 10" x 8" which looks nothing like the current piece (although it did have an "ear" on it similar to the snapped bit) and looked nothing like the "L-shaped bracket that wraps around the battery" that I'd heard about somewhere else.
A neighbouring dealer says they've done a few and he believes they just fit another of the standard part.

So if anybody here has the definitive answer please....?

Deb182 and others - how you getting on with the warranty aspect?

mines also gone :( does cause some PROPER squeeking! not really noticable tho if u just turn on the stereo! heheh or turn it up hahaha.... i wrapped some insulation tape round the broken bit on mine to reduce the squeak.

So far it's 20 at least - Deb182, g40steve, GazCB, Brad182, The 182 Steamer, Roy Munson, Robbles, Gweebs, Leeshez, Brasseye, sm_wrc, Batman (?), Rich_84, Stokoe_Sport172, azzer2000, RenaultSport, charlie_b, gadlys, mja182, Ollie1982, Polarbert, DaveLiquid182, furry_cup, Krissy_Bufton

Focus ST
i started a thread about 6 months ago about this. YES they should do it under warranty, mine did it under warranty 9after they ordered the wrong part about 10 times).

As for the part number it should be on the same thread. I can't get to it at the moment, I'm on somebody elses computer.

If I don't see it on this thread later, I'll have a look for you...

Good Luck....

Steve

ClioSport Club Member
  ST3 8.5
Fixed, defo warranty case.

My garage even spotted it while car was in for something else.

Gunummph! So it is that flat plate I was shown the other day.
OK will get it booked in as soon as possible.

Should've asked you earlier - how long did they take, do you know?

Steve

ClioSport Club Member
  ST3 8.5
Had mine for a couple of hours, they fitted the washers to top of struts for me as well as checking a few other minor bits.

Add me to the list. Mines been snapped for ages. the Dealer ordered the wrong part and I've been waiting for a call for about 3 months to say they have the new part in. I'll just wait 'til my 36k service now and get it booked in well in advance s they can order the bracket. Probably not worth it though, as it will snap again on the way home.

KDF

Audi TT Stronic
Out of warranty and mine has also snapped ! not causing any problems just now..

missmy257bhp r5/ got evo6
mines also gone :( does cause some PROPER squeeking! not really noticable tho if u just turn on the stereo! heheh or turn it up hahaha.... i wrapped some insulation tape round the broken bit on mine to reduce the squeak.

So far it's 20 at least - Deb182, g40steve, GazCB, Brad182, The 182 Steamer, Roy Munson, Robbles, Gweebs, Leeshez, Brasseye, sm_wrc, Batman (?), Rich_84, Stokoe_Sport172, azzer2000, RenaultSport, charlie_b, gadlys, mja182, Ollie1982, Polarbert, DaveLiquid182, furry_cup, Krissy_Bufton

add me to the list mines only done 14000 miles did not know it was a commen prob